DPF light

Is there a specific DPF app anyone would recommend to use with carista - I'm finding that due to my gentle driving style I'm either getting a regen after parking up or noticed that the van (150 2.0 manual) will be revving around 900-1000 rather than 800 when idling

Haven't had the dpf light on more than 4-5 times in 5 years but curious to know what state it's in as it bugs me that driving in a way to get high mileage seems to mean that I'm using fuel to regen frequently - feels counterintuitive
Take a look here.

If you are on Android there is VAG DPF (which I use) or on iPhone DPF Monitor

Long thread here of some suggestions and comments:

One thing to note is that as the DPF is cleared by increased heat counterintuitively if you work the engine harder but on long trips the increased heat in the DPF from that will often cause a modest amount of regen by itself and extend the gap between cycles a bit. I tend to do mostly gentle driving at around 60 on dual carriageway and find the regen cycles are about 180-200 miles so roughly 3 a tank.

I really have no idea why showing the DPF status is not just a part of all the information the vehicle can show you on the head unit, I'm sure if it was less of a mystery there would be less threads around folks having DPF issues.

If you are on Android there is VAG DPF (which I use) or on iPhone DPF Monitor

Long thread here of some suggestions and comments:

One thing to note is that as the DPF is cleared by increased heat counterintuitively if you work the engine harder but on long trips the increased heat in the DPF from that will often cause a modest amount of regen by itself and extend the gap between cycles a bit. I tend to do mostly gentle driving at around 60 on dual carriageway and find the regen cycles are about 180-200 miles so roughly 3 a tank.

I really have no idea why showing the DPF status is not just a part of all the information the vehicle can show you on the head unit, I'm sure if it was less of a mystery there would be less threads around folks having DPF issues.
Nice one thank you - don't mind paying for apps if they're good

Will have a look later

Use the "lite" version first that's free to ensure it works with your dongle and it supports your engine variation (mines new enough it doesn't directly but the support forum advised a setting that works well enough)

Then if you're happy you can buy the full version.

Ok got it all working and it's showing me this - anyone know if this is

A: Amazing or
B: Baaaad

Looking on another thread "T6 and T6.1 both have engine parameter "DPF ash load limit" 110 grams." So that level seems decent

Soot mass calc looks like 30g is the threshold for a regen so guessing as mine did one last night after a schlep through traffic at an average of 15mph for 45 mins

1000026944.png

Last edited:
Back