Newb

razza8711

VIP Member
IMG_0567.jpeg
Newb here,

Hi everyone, first off thanks for all the useful info in here it’s been useful so far.

I’ve looked around the forum etc. Here is my project for me and my boys, plan on converting to a full camper doing all the work ourselves with the exception of the pop top.

Couple of questions as I’ve read where I can.

Has any one used dubcraft (near Kidderminster). Or is there any midlands based company recommended for pop top (happy to travel if required, but ideally midlands based)

Are there any stand out flat pack recommendations for units or are they all a similar quality in terms of build, from what I’ve seen all look standards cnc chipboard with laminate.

I plan on putting wallas hob/heater maximising space and solar (although lost will be on campsites) with rib bed (112) as the storage is key with the kids.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated (as is direction to any previous threads)

Thanks

Welcome along.

I think most flat pack units are quite similar in terms of quality. I opted for Buffalo board when buying my U-shape layout from Van Furniture. Quality seemed OK but instructions are a bit rubbish and customer service could be improved

View attachment 238271
Newb here,

Hi everyone, first off thanks for all the useful info in here it’s been useful so far.

I’ve looked around the forum etc. Here is my project for me and my boys, plan on converting to a full camper doing all the work ourselves with the exception of the pop top.

Couple of questions as I’ve read where I can.

Has any one used dubcraft (near Kidderminster). Or is there any midlands based company recommended for pop top (happy to travel if required, but ideally midlands based)

Are there any stand out flat pack recommendations for units or are they all a similar quality in terms of build, from what I’ve seen all look standards cnc chipboard with laminate.

I plan on putting wallas hob/heater maximising space and solar (although lost will be on campsites) with rib bed (112) as the storage is key with the kids.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated (as is direction to any previous threads)

Thanks
If you want a quality Reimo poptop installation, call Dirty Weekender in Worcester.

Second the recommendation of Dirty Weekender, a Reimo authorised installer.
I’ve seen a couple of Westdub roofs, look a little more low profile, and they fit at their premises near Worcester as well

Thanks for the recommendations, dropped by a few places today. I really like the Reimo but now curious on thoughts of others, if paying that kind of money how comparable are they to the likes of SCA/Horizon which appear to be in similar price bracket. For me the build quality was just not there on the West Dubs though that said I am sure I would have been happy enough had I not had eyes on the Reimo. That's the budget blown!

Thanks for the recommendations, dropped by a few places today. I really like the Reimo but now curious on thoughts of others, if paying that kind of money how comparable are they to the likes of SCA/Horizon which appear to be in similar price bracket. For me the build quality was just not there on the West Dubs though that said I am sure I would have been happy enough had I not had eyes on the Reimo. That's the budget blown!
TBH not much to tell between Reimo & SCA. We have a Reimo easyfit fitted by Dirty Weekender, can’t fault it. I keep saying this, any roof is only as good as the fitter.

Back