Space needed under drivers seat for diesel heater

Gary_M

VIP Member
I finally got around to installing a leisure battery and a DCDC charger under my passenger swivel which has taken all available space. I had to fit a 12v fuse board under my drivers seat. I’m also going to locate a battery charger and 240v socket there.
My question is what room would be needed for an Autoterm 2kW diesel heater? Would it live under the drivers seat with a 12v fuse board and battery charger?

Any pics of an underseat heater?

Thanks

You might need to fit the heater under the van on a bracket.... Same as the OEM option.

The heater takes up over half the seat base space.

Thank you, that was my first thought but it seems Autoterm Store highly recommend fitting internally for some reason.
I guess as long as the heater is protected from water and dirt etc it should be ok. I’m also guessing that if it’s fitted externally the air intake duct would still be routed to the inside of the van for efficiency?

Thank you, that was my first thought but it seems Autoterm Store highly recommend fitting internally for some reason.
I guess as long as the heater is protected from water and dirt etc it should be ok. I’m also guessing that if it’s fitted externally the air intake duct would still be routed to the inside of the van for efficiency?
Mine is under the van and works great.
It’s just two 3” pipes under the drivers seat. One at the front is air intake and the rear is hot air output.
Loads of room left around the pipes.

Yes, the heater goes under the seat by the driver’s step. Don’t go wading through rivers and it will be fine.

The intake should be from the inside, otherwise you will fill the cabin with diesel exhaust.

Back