VW shuttle driving experience

Just trying to guage opinions, I would obviously go for a test drive anyway. How does the shuttle drive, in terms of road noise etc, I assume it's more refined than say the panel van but maybe not quite as much as a caravelle, interested to hear how people find them, I'm open to increasing sound deadening etc

I’ve now got a T6 Shuttle SE, previously had a T5.1 Caravelle. I’d say the Shuttle is equally as quiet. Sound proofing is similar with under carpet insulation and basic sound deadening on the panels. A mate who drove my Caravelle said it was far better to drive than other Transporters he had driven.

That's very interesting to hear, I could always improve the sound deadening over time etc if felt it needed something more

I think the sound deadening in a Shuttle is pretty good already. The thing that would make a bigger difference is the suspension I think. I’ve got a T32 with 17 inch wheels and when empty it does crash over bumps and is noisy as a result. It’s actually much quieter and nicer to drive with a bit of weight in it, 3 passengers in the back really makes a difference. I’ve never looked in to suspension changes but I reckon it would make a noticeable difference.

My mate who has a 35k miles Transporter/camper conversion is always amazed how quiet my 140k miles Caravelle is. Since I have rebuilt the brakes and the whole front end it can be silent.

Back