VW T6 204 Bi-Turbo - Engine replacement - £12k-17k What are my options?

I got the engine done and the turbo reconditioned, around 12k all in so a bitter pill to swallow but after 1000miles all seems well :)

I did consider the ford trick tbh!

Should I inform insurance of new engine? should van be insured for more?
Have you had the egr deleted now so it doesn’t destroy your new engine?

Hi, I've got a Carravell edition 25 180 bitdi. I bought it private then realised it was using oil, so after checking the Internet I soon realised there was problems with the egr oil cooler on the CFCA engines, then I came across darkside developments at Barnsley, so had an oil analysing test done and wasn't good, but they did a conpression test and said its not the best, but not the worst by any means, so they blanked of the egr cooler and gutted the DPF and remapped it and went like a train, then the exhaust started to blow and the stock one was a ridiculous amount, so I got a bispoke stainless one for half the price and it's now 210 bhp. My oil consumption is still quite high, but a lot better since I started using millers oil.
Did it smoke much after you removed the dpf?

Hi, I've got a Carravell edition 25 180 bitdi. I bought it private then realised it was using oil, so after checking the Internet I soon realised there was problems with the egr oil cooler on the CFCA engines, then I came across darkside developments at Barnsley, so had an oil analysing test done and wasn't good, but they did a conpression test and said its not the best, but not the worst by any means, so they blanked of the egr cooler and gutted the DPF and remapped it and went like a train, then the exhaust started to blow and the stock one was a ridiculous amount, so I got a bispoke stainless one for half the price and it's now 210 bhp. My oil consumption is still quite high, but a lot better since I started using millers oil.
Mine did the same, was using 1ltr per 200 miles I think, no smoke nothing ran amazing

Back