️ Parking in/near south Lille

willgr

2023 T6.1 T30 LWB
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello

We’re lucky enough to be at the Paris games this week, and we have tickets for the Basketball in Lille. We’ll be coming up the A1 from Paris, to the stadium in the south of the city.

Unfortunately all the local car parks in Lille seem to have a 1.90m height limit (apparently to prevent motorhomes from parking in and around the city), so I haven’t found anywhere safe and practical to park

I thought I’d ask the forum if anyone knows of any car parks in or close to southern Lille that are suitable for a T6.1? It’s on SoLow Air, so I *might* creep under a height limit, but suspect I’d then fall foul of the speed bumps!

Can anyone help?

I assume you already got your Crit air as I think you go in the zone for that ? Regards car park, do you have roof bars or pop top? From my experiences in Paris once you are you wont find many speed bumps in the car parks.

I assume you have measured? My LWb shuttle with roof prep, OEM suspension and Falken Wildpeaks 235/65/17 sits at 1.94 (fully loaded and I mean FULLY loaded).

I have roofbars… just measured at lowest drivable setting, the top of roofbars are about 1.92m.

I have registered for Crit’Air… but haven’t got around to putting the sticker in the windscreen - and typically I left it at home! I *think* the stadium is outside the clean air zone - but I’ll check!

I have roofbars… just measured at lowest drivable setting, the top of roofbars are about 1.92m.

I have registered for Crit’Air… but haven’t got around to putting the sticker in the windscreen - and typically I left it at home! I *think* the stadium is outside the clean air zone - but I’ll check!
You can prove registration with the email. Apparently.

Yeh I mean I've been to Paris numerous times and as mine is stuck to a piece of plastic that I put in the windscreen I often forget and never been challenged etc etc. Like CAB says the email is fine to prove it if challenged in person etc.

You can prove registration with the email. Apparently.
ok well if you dont need the roofbars to load things safest thing, whip them off and bolt up the holes and then voila you are all good. There is a lot of tolerance on most posted heights around the world in car parks however you dont want to be the one whofinds the "accurate" one that is indeed 1.9 eaxactly and not a MM more.

ok well if you dont need the roofbars to load things safest thing, whip them off and bolt up the holes and then voila you are all good. There is a lot of tolerance on most posted heights around the world in car parks however you dont want to be the one whofinds the "accurate" one that is indeed 1.9 eaxactly and not a MM more.
Roofbars are bolted to the pop top… not sure how easy it will be to remove and refit…

Back