12 and 230 volts infrastructure wiring

Wills

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I intend to fit all the 12v battery / kit under the driver's seat along with the 230v consumer unit etc. I'm interested to understand the best approach for wiring out to the back for the 12v requirements (Fridge - own supply? Lighting, water pumps, USB charger, what else??) Lay a decent size feed and fuse box in the furniture?
I assume for 230v it's a case of deciding where the sockets will be placed and run cables to each one direct from the CU?
Are there any wiring diagrams on the forum that would help?
I don't want it to be case of "I wish I had thought of that at the time" so all tips, ideas, direction will be appreciated.

Yes it is far simpler to run a decent sized supply cable to a fuse box located in your furniture somewhere. You can run this cable through the seat belt cavity and into the void behind the side panels (unless you have twin sliders).
The 230 volt sockets can be daisy chained (radial circuit) no need to run a seperate supply to each one.
You may find the Advice and Suggestions half way down my homepage useful. You can also download fitting PDFs for various kits that will give you ideas on where to run cables. Finally, there are plenty of pictures in the Gallery that are food for thought.
www.travelvolts.net

Thanks Martyn, that makes sense to me. I'll get ordering the kit off you next week as my van's due the week after :)

Back