20” tyres - 275 vs 265

Abx

T6 Pro
After some help please…….

I’ve ran Goodyear Eagle F1’s asymmetrics in 275 35 20’s on my 6.1 California (lowered 70mm on coliovers) for 3 years and 18k miles and it’s time to replace them. It would appear that Goodyear only make them as runflats in that size now so I need an alternative.

Keen to stick with F1’s as they have lasted really well, I’m thinking of going 265 40 20 now.

Always liked the look of the 275 as they give a square profile and the speedo is spot on, negatives are the fronts rub a little on the inner arch (ET45 on full lock) and the tyre is quite close the wider Cali sliding door. After looking at willtheyfit the 265 appears to be taller and narrower so I could fix the inner arch issue and I’ll have more clearance to the door.

I think Bognor now recommends 265, they fitted the 275’s for me and I wonder if they switched due to Goodyear stopping making 275 in non run flat?

Can anyone share a pic of a 265 40, I’m assuming even though they are narrower the 40 profile makes them look a bit more chunky on the rim, i don’t want it to look too rounded/stretched if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack, but looks like the OP is sorted now anyway.

Between F1 Assy 5’s & CC2’s in 265/40/20. What’s the general consensus of the better overall tyre? The F1’s seem to have better ratings for fuel economy, wet performance & noise level, not to mention being a little cheaper. Does the CC2 warrant the extra £££? And if so, how?

Cheers to anyone who can offer some input before I lump a load on some rubber :)

Sorry to hijack, but looks like the OP is sorted now anyway.

Between F1 Assy 5’s & CC2’s in 265/40/20. What’s the general consensus of the better overall tyre? The F1’s seem to have better ratings for fuel economy, wet performance & noise level, not to mention being a little cheaper. Does the CC2 warrant the extra £££? And if so, how?

Cheers to anyone who can offer some input before I lump a load on some rubber :)
Can’t comment on what’s better but the F1’s I am removing have faired really well and I’ve been pretty impressed considering the weight of the van, hoping the Assy 5’s do as well, but wanted to mention that BlackCirles have 10% off at the moment.

Can’t comment on what’s better but the F1’s I am removing have faired really well and I’ve been pretty impressed considering the weight of the van, hoping the Assy 5’s do as well, but wanted to mention that BlackCirles have 10% off at the moment.
Cheers mate. Good to know :thumbsup:

Reactions: Abx
Back