20" wheels ET45

I'd say not. It will catch when the suspension compresses. Plus it would look silly if you ask me. That offset fills the arches nicely.

My winter wheels are 8.5 x 20 et35 and i run a 15mm spacer on the rear to fill the arch. They look lost otherwise

1726424707231.png

Your ET35 sit 10mm further in than ET45 so with a 15MM spacer they are only 5mm further out than our ET45 wheels. I guess that 5mm is about the max that you could get away with on an ET45 to get that look that you have. 20MM will deffo not work.
My rears are 10.5j with ET35 so thats probably similar to your rears. My rears deffo fill the arches more than the fronts.

ET45 with 20mm spacers will be fine on the rear. Front depending on width and tyre size maybe but generally it's best to widen rear track around 10mm more than front to even out the looks.

For reference I run ET51 8.5j with 255 tyres and 20mm front, 30mm rear spacers.

I've been offered some 20in alloys, et45, 8.5j. Tyres are 275/40. I'm concerned that these won't fill the rear arches, anyone running something similar?
275/40 is too big a tyre on an 8.5" wheel for a start but just add spacers to fill the arch

Lots of dealers supply that tyre size for some reason but if you like the wheels and they suit your budget, just change to a more suitable tyre when they need replacing..........there is loads of info on tyre sizes on here. You could probably run a 20mm spacer on the rear with those.

Back