2016 6 speed manual 140bhp engine euro 5 any good

was the 2016 6 speed manual 140bhp engine euro 5 any good ? Thinking of buying.
I have the Euro 5, 2016, 6 speed manual, 180ps BiTurbo, no issues at all. Seems much more reliable than the Euro 6.
The single turbo should be even more reliable.
Obviously if you live in or frequent and emission controlled area you will be charged as not Euro 6.

I have the Euro 5, 2016, 6 speed manual, 180ps BiTurbo, no issues at all. Seems much more reliable than the Euro 6.
The single turbo should be even more reliable.
Obviously if you live in or frequent and emission controlled area you will be charged as not Euro 6.
cheers for the reply, what milage is yours on?

cheers for the reply, what milage is yours on?
66K miles.
Changed the starter battery a few months back as it was affecting my leisure battery charging, still starting the van without issues.
Still on original brakes, will be renewing in about 30K miles at the current wear rate.
Sill on original timing belt and water pump.

cheers this one has 77k on clock full vw service history. just need to make my mind up now, appreciate the reply

cheers this one has 77k on clock full vw service history. just need to make my mind up now, appreciate the reply
You may need to renew the EGR soon unless it’s already been done.

Hi I had mine for 7 years from new and done 97000 miles.
I had erg valve under warranty as it was sticking.
The second valve did 60000 miles and still going when I sold it.
The only other thing was the clutch slave cylinder leaked so had new clutch and fly wheel as the gearbox had to be removed.

The 140 is not a bi turbo, it’s a single unit.
Used across multiple platforms and is a good unit.
You don’t have adblue which is a bonus in my eyes, but will cause problems trying to get into ulez zones etc…
I specifically went and hunted for a 140, after a lot of research….

Back