3D printed grille badge idea

I’m just chuffed you like it, @Pedro20001 and @Bav. I’ve got a bit more material work to do yet but happy to do, say, one each for free to see what you think when it’s your design? Then I can have a chat with admin if it’s something that people like and want.

Do you both have Startlines? If not, I’ll need to get hold of a non-Startline grille to take measurements. Shouldn’t be too hard on eBay or at a breakers.

No probs. I’ll keep my eyes open for that type of grille second hand.
Actually, I've got a T6.1 upper grill knocking about. I bought it off a forum member, but my convertor said it was no good to use on my van. Apparently it's 2-piece and it needs to be a 1-piece for the EHU via the front VW badge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a gloss black aftermarket version though - believe it's from LV.

Actually, I've got a T6.1 upper grill knocking about. I bought it off a forum member, but my convertor said it was no good to use on my van. Apparently it's 2-piece and it needs to be a 1-piece for the EHU via the front VW badge. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a gloss black aftermarket version though - believe it's from LV.
Is LV Leighton’s? I can now foresee me next few weeks of spare time is going to be researching the multitude of different grilles. What have I done? :) I’ll have a look at different parts on the net and see if they’re similar enough in that area. I’d snatch your hand off for a loan of the grille rather than splashing out for a broken one. The good news is that grilles are a lot easier to find second hand than driver’s side H7 headlights. :D

Reactions: Bav
Yes, Leigton's.

Re a loan - I'm sure we could arrange something. It wouldn't take much to persuade Mrs Bav to visit McArthurGlen, for example. :whistle:

Reactions: CJW
Yes, Leigton's.

Re a loan - I'm sure we could arrange something. It wouldn't take much to persuade Mrs Bav to visit McArthurGlen, for example. :whistle:
That’s about 5 minutes from mine. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bav
Back