A/c drain plug removal

mightythings

Kiwi member
Hi! I’ve got water in my passenger footwell from what seems to be a clogged condensate drain. I’ve reached this point from the awesome info in the forum, but need a bit more detail… How do I actually remove the drain plug to clear it? I know where it is and can lift the edge up, but I don’t know if I just give it a yank or do I need some special implement for it? Or is the easier option to just shove something into the drain pipe and clear it that way? Is the drain outlet underneath the vehicle as in most others?

Hi! I’ve got water in my passenger footwell from what seems to be a clogged condensate drain. I’ve reached this point from the awesome info in the forum, but need a bit more detail… How do I actually remove the drain plug to clear it? I know where it is and can lift the edge up, but I don’t know if I just give it a yank or do I need some special implement for it? Or is the easier option to just shove something into the drain pipe and clear it that way? Is the drain outlet underneath the vehicle as in most others?
No, it’s in the engine bay on the bulkhead, passenger side.

IMG_1625.jpeg

Thanks @Deaky awesome! I had the right thing, but was so stuck down, it didn’t look like the picture. Opened it up and got a truck load of water draining out. Thanks heaps!

Back