ABTe Transporter - anyone performed a Kombi conversion? Tips on dropping the battery?

m33ufo

Hi All.

I'm contemplating a Kombi conversion on my ABTe T6.1 Panel Van. Has anyone done something similar? I'm hoping for some tips on dropping the battery to allow the rear seat fixing points to be fitted.

Feedback appreciated.

I was in Van Bodies (Lancs) Ltd in Morecambe a while back and they had a few electric vans in for conversions (Campers and kombis) he said they Bond a floor with rails inon the bare floor with a system from Germany, which you then attach the seats too. He was suggesting that's going to be the way forward now with electric vans etc

It looked super clean and tidy, there is something in my head that feels nervous about a glued in floor but its fully tested.

I was in Van Bodies (Lancs) Ltd in Morecambe a while back and they had a few electric vans in for conversions (Campers and kombis) he said they Bond a floor with rails inon the bare floor with a system from Germany, which you then attach the seats too. He was suggesting that's going to be the way forward now with electric vans etc

It looked super clean and tidy, there is something in my head that feels nervous about a glued in floor but its fully tested.
Sounds like the Reimo Variotech approach. I have this in my van.

I'm going for the oem rubber floor so it wouldn't work for me.

Fairly sure they could lift the rubber, glue the rails in, and refit the rubber with the aid of a Stanley knife.

Just a matter of time before modifying EVs becomes illegal unless you are licensed and approved.
Can you imagine what will happen when people start hacking into wiring or driving a few long Tek screws through the floors.

Just a matter of time before modifying EVs becomes illegal unless you are licensed and approved.
Can you imagine what will happen when people start hacking into wiring or driving a few long Tek screws through the floors.
Interesting view this - what's the difference between that (which would be catastrophic - agreed) and some numpty doing a conversion his driveway and drilling Tek screws through his fuel tank or some other important bit of the van??!!

Just curious

Interesting view this - what's the difference between that (which would be catastrophic - agreed) and some numpty doing a conversion his driveway and drilling Tek screws through his fuel tank or some other important bit of the van??!!

Just curious
Spilling some Diesel isn’t great but banging a screw into high voltage components is probably much worse IMO.

Yep they pack a punch if you touch them. A poor kid up north was jacking a car up not knowing the hi voltage cable was there. And when the jack broke through the casing it fried him. We have dedicated lads who disarm vehicles before we can work on them, but some vags you can only part disarm and have to send the dealers to fully shut down.

Reactions: CAB
Back