AC compressor pulley

thierrybouton

Hi there
My van is a 2016 euro 5 engine and have a noisy ac compressor pulley. Been told I have to buy the complete compressor but does anyone have a link or a part number for the pulley itself.

Thanks a mil.
Thierry

Unusual problem, it’s normally the smart alternator pulley that needs renewing.

I’ve replaced the alternator pulley already with tensioner and belt noise coming from the ac compressor I heard it’s a bit similar to a clutch pulley

I’ve replaced the alternator pulley already with tensioner and belt noise coming from the ac compressor I heard it’s a bit similar to a clutch pulley
The only similarity is that it’s a pulley, unless it is physically damaged I don’t see how it can be creating noise. Is the belt worn or damaged?

From what I see the pulley sits on a bearing belt is new. I run the engine without the belt for a few second and noise is gone

You could try fitting a non AC belt and see if the noise is eliminated with all other drives in place.

I have a 2016 Euro 5 (140) and I occasional hear a whirring/whining noise from the engine. A couple of years ago, when I first heard it, it would only happen if I had the AC on. More interestingly, it would stop immediately if I turned the AC off.
I've done nothing about as it was intermittent and the AC still works. In fairness, it is still intermittent but doesn't always stop when I turn off the AC.
I've also had the belts and auxiliary pulley changed since it started which leads me to believe that it is the AC pulley/clutch.
I have inspected it with the belt off and there was no indication of looseness or obvious damage. I assume that something in the clutch is failing to properly engage or disengage but do not know for sure.
It will be interesting to see what happens!!

There’s a little cluck noise when I spin the pulley freely.
I don’t know if it’s a clutch pulley or not but to get the pulley off it’s a similar assembly as the alternator clutch pulley meaning you have to lock the centre bolt then using a shifter to open the nut.

Back