ACC error message but my T6 doesn’t have cruise control!

Vicster

Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone can help me if possible?
I bought my T6 a few weeks ago. It was a commercial van but the guy had converted it to a campervan. The guy who I bought it from had upgraded the front bumper which has a square in the middle of it I’m assuming for vans that have cruise control. This van doesn’t have this feature. Every time I start the van I get an error message saying ‘error ACC’, I then also get a message which stays on my screen all the time (picture attached). The only time it disappears is when I pull up close to someone in front of me, then it goes. It returns as soon as the vehicle in front pulls away from me. I’ve had someone hook it up to a laptop to try and delete the fault but they can’t do it. Can anyone help at all?
Many thanks

IMG_4294.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

Yes. The square in the front bumper is for adaptive cruise control. Are you sure the previous owner hasn't retro fitted it? What does your steering wheel / control stalks have on them?

Steering wheel is non multifunction and has no buttons. And there is nothing on the control stalks. I had someone look at it just to check I wasn’t going crazy! I think the previous owner has done something when fitting the bumper, they have bodged certain things so I feel the same could have happened when installing the bumper.

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4704.jpeg

Steering wheel is non multifunction and has no buttons. And there is nothing on the control stalks. I had someone look at it just to check I wasn’t going crazy! I think the previous owner has done something when fitting the bumper, they have bodged certain things so I feel the same could have happened when installing the bumper.

View attachment 256116

View attachment 256117

View attachment 256118
Yeah, that's going to puzzle a few people I think. As @F-roger has said, you'll need to get your mate with the laptop back so the experts can dig through the data.
Sorry can't help more than that.

The square on the front is on all T6’s whether they have ACC or not. It’s used for city braking. A VCDS auto scan is required so we can see what’s going on. Maybe the previous owner has tried to enable Cruise Control and failed

The square on the front is on all T6’s whether they have ACC or not. It’s used for city braking. A VCDS auto scan is required so we can see what’s going on. Maybe the previous owner has tried to enable Cruise Control and failed
No radar square on my 2017 T6 highline

Reactions: mmi
Back