Acc

PipeMonkey

Plumber
T6 Pro
Maybe a stupid question, when you are using ACC, outside lane of a dual carriageway at say 60mph, something pulls out in front of you and the van slows itself down, do the brake lights come on?
Told you it was a stupid question!

Mine only come on if it's actually braking.
In other words, if it detected a vehicle ahead, and it gradually slows you down, the brake lights don't come on. (Same way they wouldn't if you just let off the throttle) However, if something pulls into your lane that's going a lot slower, meaning you are reducing your speed far faster, the lights come on.

I thought exactly this when I first had ACC. I wondered if my brake lights were coming on constantly, so I watched the reflection along a stretch of motorway. The lights only came on if it was an obvious decrease in speed. Anything gradual didn't light them up if that all makes sense.

In other words, if it detected a vehicle ahead, and it gradually slows you down, the brake lights don't come on. (Same way they wouldn't if you just let off the throttle) However, if something pulls into your lane that's going a lot slower, meaning you are reducing your speed far faster, the lights come on.

I thought exactly this when I first had ACC. I wondered if my brake lights were coming on constantly, so I watched the reflection along a stretch of motorway. The lights only came on if it was an obvious decrease in speed. Anything gradual didn't light them up if that all makes sense.

what he said :thumbsup:

ACC - deceleration NO

ACC - active breaking YES

Did exactly the same when I first got it and found the same result

Yes, and unfortunately all the above means that going downhill (no other traffic) quite often the ACC needs to use breaks to prevent speeding. Would have been nice to have some “tolerance” there – I’m living in hilly area (just small hills up and down) so that’s a kind of embarrassing :speechless:.

Yes, and unfortunately all the above means that going downhill quite often the ACC needs to use breaks to prevent speeding. Would have been nice to have some “tolerance” there – I’m living in hilly area (just small hills up and down) so that’s a kind of embarrassing :speechless:.

By Tollarance, you mean allow you to slip over the set speed, rather than it maintaining it?

By Tollarance, you mean allow you to slip over the set speed, rather than it maintaining it?
Yes, would have liked that it would allow slip over the set speed. Ideally that would have been another selectable/tweakable parameter allowing some "overshooting". In these steep'ish small/short up/downhills the ACC quite often just slightly "overshoots" and uses breaks momentarily - so just a slight "imperfection" in the ACC.
I have to admit that the tolerance might create other difficulties in areas having long steep downhills - thus wish about possibly tweakable parameter...

Imagine how p***ed off you would be if it allowed you to slip over the set speed and you got a speeding NIP through the post a few days later.
True, thus wish about selectable parameter so it would have been just my own fault ;). Actually in these hills the next uphill takes care of the slip right away. I was thinking of tolerance of maximum 3 km/h = 2 mph.
So this was not really a complain - actually I'm very pleased how well it handles all the different situations on the road. Having the wish it would be just perfect :D

True, thus wish about selectable parameter so it would have been just my own fault ;). Actually in these hills the next uphill takes care of the slip right away. I was thinking of tolerance of maximum 3 km/h = 2 mph.
So this was not really a complain - actually I'm very pleased how well it handles all the different situations on the road. Having the wish it would be just perfect :D
I think what would be good for the downhill sections you talk about is if ACC braked in order to maintain your speed but didn’t show a brake-light, so the person following doesn’t then brake and start the concertina effect

Reactions: mmi
Back