Adventure T6 shuttle project

*adam

VIP Member
Hi all,

Longtime user of VW forums and recent owner of a couple of Transporters.

Long story short, Dec 23 bought a T5.1 Caravelle to “dip my toe” into have a van as a daily with plans to convert it to a day van. Realised spending >£10k on a 2010 van with 110k miles may not be sensible - at least convinced the wife this was true. Fast forward to May 24 where I picked up a 2018 Shuttle with low miles at a good price.

I want this to become an adventure mobile to travel in, I have two young children who like a good “van-venture” as the eldest has dubbed it. The plan is to be able to use it to sleep 2 adults and 2 young kids.

Things I’ve bought to date.
Things I need to buy.
Still debating whether to go for a VanKing for FortyWinks bed system - if anyone has thoughts on this it would be appreciated to hear them!

You all know what a t6 looks like but here’s mine when I picked it up.

IMG_5194.jpeg

Welcome!

I'm assuming you'll be camping in the van - as a fellow black T6 owner (caravelle) be aware it will get HOT inside. Like, really hot.

When I was out for a day a few weeks back with the van left on a campsite, 20 degrees outside and sunny, it got to 37 degrees or more inside the van.

So, a thermal windscreen cover to stop the greenhouse effect of the windscreen will be essential!

Welcome!

I'm assuming you'll be camping in the van - as a fellow black T6 owner (caravelle) be aware it will get HOT inside. Like, really hot.

When I was out for a day a few weeks back with the van left on a campsite, 20 degrees outside and sunny, it got to 37 degrees or more inside the van.

So, a thermal windscreen cover to stop the greenhouse effect of the windscreen will be essential!
Great heads up appreciate that Paul.

I guess I didn’t really consider the heat too much just focused on the other end of the scale with cold. That raises the question, is it advisable to get a “reflective” silver thermal windscreen cover over a black one. My assumption is black would absorb/store heat where as silver is less likely to?

Great heads up appreciate that Paul.

I guess I didn’t really consider the heat too much just focused on the other end of the scale with cold. That raises the question, is it advisable to get a “reflective” silver thermal windscreen cover over a black one. My assumption is black would absorb/store heat where as silver is less likely to?
A thermal one should do the trick regardless, I've gone for a rainbow screens cover in their camo colour, so not too dark. Mine is still being made.

1000008476.jpg

Back