Advice on 255/55/18

BigJim

Wondering how big a hit economy and drivability will be affected by upgrading to BFG 255/55/18 (on Oz Rally Race Van wheels)from current 215/60/17 on my 6.1 SWB 204?
(6.5% size increase according to WillItFit )

Don't....I ran 255 55 18 and they scrub under suspension compression... Nightmare. Stick to 235 55 or 235 60 at a push. Take my word I tried them all.

Thanks for input .
Forgot to say it’s a T32 think they are a bit stiffer suspension wise so less compression therefore more room for bigger tyre?

My T32 on 235/55/18's just touch a nats on full lock, I suspect therefore 255's would properly scrub.

Ok thanks lads
Disappointing but I suppose you’ve saved me a good few £££!
That's what the forum is for. I found that there's nothing other folks haven't done or experienced....I was fortunate as my mate has a tyre company and so got loads of sizes for me to actually test before I chose what I think is the ideal tyre combo on standard suspension. 235 55 18 all day long.

Jim if your near bellshill I can meet you after work and you can have a look it’s up to you mate I,m there til 6pm

In my sickbed at moment after a knee op.Im not far away at all though so maybe when I’m up and about I’d take you up on the kind offer?

Yeah mate never a problem that’s why this forum is here. To help. Anybody want a 27 mm kidney stone. ? Ha ha ha ha . Hope you better soon Jim.

Back