Advice please

Big Rob

I have received a recall notice for my van. Problem I have is nearest dealer is 20 miles away, on Sunday I got engine management light come on the van.
Van has only covered 5,300 miles, just had message that oil change and inspection is due. Would this be the cause of engine management light coming on.
Do you think I would be safe to travel for recall and a service with the warning light on or is there risk of causing damage to my van.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated I’m located in Chesterfield
Thanks in advance
Rob

Sounds like its fairly new van still within warranty? If it is and you are worried call Vw assist and ask for 'silver van assistance' as they have the vw trained techs and are more knowledgable than the orange regular recovery van. If its just an orange light you should be ok unless it goes into limp mode.

Sounds like its fairly new van still within warranty? If it is and you are worried call Vw assist and ask for 'silver van assistance' as they have the vw trained techs and are more knowledgable than the orange regular recovery van. If its just an orange light you should be ok unless it goes into limp mode.

Called JCT600 Sheffield dealer, can’t get van in till 4th July, so booked in for warranty work they checked it’s got recall for door cables and also software updates.
Contacted local VW approved garage for service and diagnostic check. They said if it needs any work they will contact VW but might have to go dealership if it need’s work under warranty

Back