Air beam pump

Jay

Gas Engineer - Baxi Boilers
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking to get a pump for our new vango galli low air beam awning. There's loads to choose from on amazon,

What's everyone using, and are there any to avoid?

Vango are funny and use there own adapter.

So be warned... The universal pump adapter may not fit the valve.

I used a universal one and got a separate vango adapter and got the glue gun out.

We've got the Vango pump, thinking it'd be marriage saver. However, I'm pretty certain it's any quicker, and find we have to hold the connector to ensure it remains perpendicular to the valve otherwise it loses air. So, I'd say it certainly means we don't break out into a sweat but isn't without frustrations.

Reactions: Jay
we have to hold the connector to ensure it remains perpendicular to the valve otherwise it loses air
That doesn't sound right and not my experience if the Vango pump - perhaps your is faulty? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We've got the Vango pump, thinking it'd be marriage saver. However, I'm pretty certain it's any quicker, and find we have to hold the connector to ensure it remains perpendicular to the valve otherwise it loses air. So, I'd say it certainly means we don't break out into a sweat but isn't without frustrations.

I've ordered the vango one. Just hope it arrives in time as we're going away Saturday. Will see how it fits.

UPDATE

We purchased the Vango turbo version. As with any air pump it's a little noisy, especially when the turbo kicks in. However we're really impressed. It took about a minute to do each beam and about 2 minutes to do double air bed.

Comes with the vango connection which is a little tight to fit to the air beam but makes a good secure connection once in.

Back