Aircon Not Working

MicP

T6 Pro
It seems when I looked over my new van I didn't actually check the aircon was working! :rolleyes:
So does anyone know please how can I check if it just needs regassing or if there is another problem?

Still under manufacturers warranty so take it to a dealer and let them worry about it

Ah ok, I knew it has warranty but I'd not considered that being a possibility, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Thanks

To check Yourself you would need VCDS or other diag kit.

To scan for codes. Then check the related Pids for the HVAC system.

Ie system rest pressure. Dash Switch. Compressor clutch. Coolant temp sensor. Rpm desired. Rad fan enable. Etc Etc.

Defo a trip to the dealer then! Not a look under the bonnet to see if a pump is making a noise type thing then!

Nope. More complicated than that..... a big check list of things before you get an ac light and nice cool air. =)

I had this on a bmw and it was down to a faulty rad fan! (HVAC spools up the rad fan slowly to keep the aircon rad cool) could be loads of different things causing it to not start.

Any other symptoms?
Temp gauge ok?
Rad fan working?
Blower fans working?
Hot/cold selector working?
Revs come up when ac switched on?
Stop/start working ok?
Battery monitor sensor ok?

If it needs regassing then the system has a leak somwhere.

Keep us posted.

Why would stop/start not working have an affect on the air con? It does have an immobilizer where I have to press various buttons to allow me to start the van one of which being the stop/start button, so it doesn't auto stop start now.
Also there is vents/blowers in the roof in the rear and is a kombi so it's aftermarket, I don't know how this has been fitted.

Why would stop/start not working have an affect on the air con? It does have an immobilizer where I have to press various buttons to allow me to start the van one of which being the stop/start button, so it doesn't auto stop start now.
Also there is vents/blowers in the roof in the rear and is a kombi so it's aftermarket, I don't know how this has been fitted.

Is the immobilizer an Autowatch ghost?

I've got a AwG and start stop is functional.

Start stop working is an indication that the ECM is monitoring the battery power shunt which is one of the requirements for enabling the AC. The ECM will disable stop/start and increase rpm depending on the SOC of the starter battery.

Just a thought.....

Though I'm sure there is a backup strategy on the ECM.

Either way you need it plugged in =)

Yes, that makes sense. I think it's a Scorpion imob, I'd just assumed because it had this type of imob it disabled the stop/start so it might not be the reason this isn't working.

Thanks for the info.

I'll get it booked in and let you know what they say.

Ok so actually the stop start does work.. Just being a bit dim with the light on meaning it's off not on. Pressed the off switch so it is off now it works :whistle:
I did actually know that as my old van had it :rolleyes:
Still no aircon, that light is ON.

Volkswagen Leicester can't look at it until 31st August!!!!

Last edited:
Carista is £15 on amazon And delivered next day..

You can read your own fault codes then...

Normally anything electrical will show a fault code. And the HVAC has a module...

So any codes relating to a possible fault should show up....

Then just Google to fault code to see what other people have done to fix the issue.

Ok so actually the stop start does work.. Just being a bit dim with the light on meaning it's off not on. Pressed the off switch so it is off now it works :whistle:
I did actually know that as my old van had it :rolleyes:
Still no aircon, that light is ON.

Volkswagen Leicester can't look at it until 31st August!!!!
Cool.

The start stop should default back to enabled every key cycle if you switch it off......... unless you had it coded out or have a small mod wired into the switch.

Nice, ordered. :)
I'm on hols tomorrow so can't plug in for a week.

Yep it would but the sequence of buttons to deactivate imob before starting involves the stop/start button so was turning it off before starting the engine, so if I want it working I have to press it again after starting.

Cheers for your help

Just as an update to this
I've got the fault code:
9481200 coolant pressure
I hoped it was just low gas so I took it to a garage to see if the could gas it and they said it's got a leak.
Looks like I'm driving to Skye without aircon

Nightmare... let us know where the leak was.....

It needs a new Low pressure pipe they've said.

It's on back order.

19th Sept it's the earliest they can book it back in and hopefully it'll be in by then she says.
:mad:

I might have aircon in time for winter!
:rolleyes:

nightmare, any indication on what failed with it?

seals? hole? physical damage?

anyway at least your have AC for winter. . . . . its awesome for demisting the cab super fast on those cold winter mornings. . . . . . just turn up the heater control so you dont freeze =]

Back