Alarm going off

Ident

The alarm on my T6.1 has started going off in the last 3 days, goes off every evening around dusk, I unlock the van and relic it and then it is fine

Has done it every night though but only for the last 3 nights, have checked inside and nothing is unusual / moving about / no spiders etc

Have emailed the dealers this morning also but as they are some distance away am wondering if there any ideas I can try

Thanks in advance

My T5.1 started to do this randomly too. Tried everything you have. In the end I got hold of a vcds and adjusted the internal sensor sensitivity down a notch and it was fine ever since.

My T5.1 started to do this randomly too. Tried everything you have. In the end I got hold of a vcds and adjusted the internal sensor sensitivity down a notch and it was fine ever since.
Ok that makes sense. I have removed the bulkhead but have a curtain in place and it has been fine for a couple of months

My T6 did this fairly recently. It would randomly go off just at sunset for a couple of nights in a row.
I had a look on the forum and the number one cause is insects. I had a good look inside but couldn't find any however, a few days after the alarm "fixed" itself a dead moth appeared under one of the front seats.
You've probably got something in the van.

My T-Cross did it today. I've unplugged the cheapo dashcam but I suspect a spider somewhere.....

My T6 did this fairly recently. It would randomly go off just at sunset for a couple of nights in a row.
I had a look on the forum and the number one cause is insects. I had a good look inside but couldn't find any however, a few days after the alarm "fixed" itself a dead moth appeared under one of the front seats.
You've probably got something in the van.
That is interesting as it is going off in the evening although it has just gone off now also ... I will have a good look and see if I can spot anything in there. Thanks for the idea !

My T-Cross did it today. I've unplugged the cheapo dashcam but I suspect a spider somewhere.....
Im thinking it could be that so I am going on the hunt today / fly spray and see if that fixes it !

Im thinking it could be that so I am going on the hunt today / fly spray and see if that fixes it !
Just been in and had a look and there are a couple of new spiders webs one on the steering wheel so must be new. No sign of the spider though so I have given it all a good spray with fly spray that is also supposed to work on spiders so let's see if that fixes it ! it nearly finished me off so I cant imagine they will like it !

Update. Seems to have been insect related as it suddenly stopped so I am hoping that it is fixed now. It was driving me mad !

Back