Alpine Halo 11 Bluetooth Issues

AgingAntMan

Hi Guys,

I've had the Halo 11 for 6 months now and having major issues getting a stable Bluetooth connection to mobile phones for calls. I've spoken to the company I got it from, and they said they've not had any other reports and advised a firmware upgrade (which I've done)

My main phone is a Samsung S24 Ultra (it did the same on my S23) I thought it was my phone or Android that was the problem until my mate borrowed my van last week whilst I was away and it did the same on his new iPhone.

Sometimes Bluetooth connects for calls and music, but most of the time just for music and my phone can't connect to it for calls. Then when I try to play the music it disconnects. When I try to manually connect for calls and music it will stay connected until I get a call then randomly during the call disconnects the Bluetooth altogether.

Basically, the headset is useless for Bluetooth, EVERY other feature of the headset is brilliant!

If I send it back will a new headset have the same issue or does it seem like its just a faulty unit?!

Thanks
Ant

@Absolut5 may be able to advise, but I don't recall anyone reporting similar issues. Have you done a search of forum?

Try the Bluetooth AVRC rollback. Enable the developer options and change the AVRC profile. There was a change in Android 11, I think, which caused issues. Only takes a few moments and reversible. Google AVRC Bluetooth rollback.

Reactions: Bav
@Alan Watts where was you 2 months ago?

Yes had the same issue with my S23 Ultra on my iLX-F705D (halo without the big screen). Emailed Alpine a few times directly and got nothing back.

Shame the caddy is in bits now as I'm taking the audio out for the new van albeit with a little twist

Back