Alpine Halo 9 transfer from a T5.1 to a T6

Hamster67

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks I bought an Alpine Halo 9 off a fellow member ( who's been a great help). The Halo came from a T5.1 and I lm fitting to a T6, waiting on the second quad lock.

I just can't seem to get the housing flush with the bracket it attaches to, is there less space behind the stereo in a T6.

Even without the second quad lock adapter and the wires cloth taped to the max I cannot make the last 8mm.

Is it possible the housing is specific to a T5.1. I could remove a bit from the rear with a dremel but that would be a last resort only.

20240704_144726.jpg

20240704_145125.jpg

Hi folks I bought an Alpine Halo 9 off a fellow member ( who's been a great help). The Halo came from a T5.1 and I lm fitting to a T6, waiting on the second quad lock.

I just can't seem to get the housing flush with the bracket it attaches to, is there less space behind the stereo in a T6.

Even without the second quad lock adapter and the wires cloth taped to the max I cannot make the last 8mm.

Is it possible the housing is specific to a T5.1. I could remove a bit from the rear with a dremel but that would be a last resort only.

View attachment 249276

View attachment 249277

20240704_140729.jpg

The T5 harness is different from the T6. I had to remove about 5mm from the top fixing points so it would slot into place.

I also removed the rear of the harness to allow better circulation, the unit is working as it should.

I added a usb retention kit to replace the redundant charging point above the glove box.

Happy ending.

Back