Altro flooring twin sliders

GLC1980

Hi,
I’m going to doing the floor in my t6 SWB, I have a twin slider and can only find it pre-cut for single slider, will it just be a case of cutting the extra bit out for the step?
Thanks in advance

Are you converting it to a camper or is it a kombi where you will be using both doors for access?
Edit:- scrap that, I thought you were talking about the ply floor.
Yeah you can cut the Altro. Use one of those hooked Stanley knife blades they use for cutting carpet. It takes some force as it’s hard stuff. Using a normal stanly blade you will probably slip across the surface and put a big scratch in it.

Cheers, yeah it’s just a kombi, getting a full width Titan bed fitted so need to change the flooring first

Just be aware of the floor thickness. When mine was done I had to swap to Caravelle steps and these are different in the corners so floor has to be trimmed differently.

Yeah I thought I’d have to change the steps, I’ll be getting all the stuff needed before I go to fit it

Kombi steps are taller than normal panel van steps. You should be able to fit a 12mm ply floor and Altro flooring with ease as it will be slightly lower than the standard rear mat

Gently Heat up the Altro with a hot air gun. It makes it so much easier to cut. Hooked blade or a sharp concave blade. Take your time as slipping will result in painful or costly mistake.
You could make a paper template of the cut out and flip it over to the side that needs to be cut (remember to turn paper template upside down to mirror the shape if you do):cool:

Back