Another 5.1 to 6.1 headlamp conversion question

Damo911

Hi. I’m new here but have been a T5 member for 10 years or more. I did a 5.1 to 6.1 full conversion over the winter but I’ve had issues with my headlamps. I’ve looked all over the forums and listings but I just need an answer on do T6.1 headlamps retrofit and work on T5.1 standard looms or not. Mine don’t so I can only assume there need to be som kind of pin out/coding/loom etc. I’ve done the diodes mod but doesn’t work. I don’t have VCDS either. Thanks in advance.

Hi there.
I'm on the hunt for facelift bits myself.
I need to go from T5.1 xenon to 6.1 LED - I'm pretty sure that will be quite the task.
If anyone knows where to get sorted, please let me know.

Damo - for you I found a conversion kit that reads "T5 to T6.1" Maybe that's what you need if it works on a T5.1 as well.

Ebay

Cheers

Jason, thanks for that but this is the major problem I’m having, I can see loads of mods/pin outs/looms etc for T5 to T6.1 but NONE for T5.1 to T6.1, thanks for your input tho.

Hi there.
I'm on the hunt for facelift bits myself.
I need to go from T5.1 xenon to 6.1 LED - I'm pretty sure that will be quite the task.
If anyone knows where to get sorted, please let me know.

Damo - for you I found a conversion kit that reads "T5 to T6.1" Maybe that's what you need if it works on a T5.1 as well.

Ebay

Cheers

maybe I can offer you something

Vw T5GP after conversion to vw T6.1 full led

some information is here

Just a simple, yes they will with mods ( insert mod, ie, loom/pin out/code etc ) or no ( insert reason )

I’ve seen loads of converted vans but can’t see a definitive answer as to how the conversion is done.

Standard T6.1 headlamp swap to standard T5.1 van ( but with full T6.1 front end conversion )

I think one of these discussions will help you.

Back