Another which bed on rails thread - Yoyo/Tital/Reimo

neil neil orange peel

VIP Member
Sorry for another thread on this, I think I've read most/all previous similar ones but wanted to gather some opinions.

I'm planning a slightly overly complicated conversion on a SWB T6. I want to be able to fit a couple of mountain bikes inside the van but also have a pull tested bed with enough length for me at 6'3 tall. This is physically possible but will be like playing Tetris on maximum difficulty. I'm fully aware it will be very cramped and just using a bike rack would be easier, but I don't want to have to store bikes outside and am willing to accept the inevitable compromises.

To make it work I need an abnormally short bed which I can push right to the front of the van and use the front passenger seat to make up the required length. My plan is to use a bed that has a separate fold down shelf for the rear most section which is not a structural part when used as a seat, I can then cut that section down and re-upholster it (or ask the supplier to do so if they build it to order themselves). This means a normal rock and roll bed won't work. Also it needs to be on rails so I can push it forward for use as a bed and back to use as a seat.

I've narrowed my options down to the following:
- Reimo Variotech 3000
- Titan Varimount
- Yoyo Glidemotion

A RIB might work too but I think the seat would be too high for me to sit in without touching the ceiling.

The Reimo looks like the easiest to use rail system. The van is 4motion so the bonded rails will be less of a hassle to fit. I'm put off a bit by how much the floor needs to be raised to fit it.

Titan looks good, but Titan themselves won't fit a rail system to a 4motion van so I'd have to look elsewhere to get that done, which isn't likely to be a major problem. It uses Caravelle rails and from what I gather these are no longer produced and very hard to source. It does mean you get many more lock off positions than the other systems which is likely to be helpful.

I can't find out much about the Yoyo bed, though it looks like the Glidemotion rails might not be as slick to use as the Reimo system.

I'm planning on trying to see each of these before choosing, but just wondering if anyone has any useful experiences of them or knows of any alternatives?

Cheers

We have a Reimo Variotech 3000 in a SWB Kombi Van, to blend the floor fit Multivan steps. You won't notice the extra height. It is easy to use and ticks all of the boxes.
Our only complaint is the fact that it rattles intermittently. We can go for weeks with no rattles but it always returns. I have read every post on the subject, some have been helpful some not. I do believe some people don't have this issue.

What about a poptop and an Aldi bike hoist?!

IMG_7187 Copy.jpeg

Save mucking about with making the bed short and hurting your resale chances.

We've got the yoyo glidemotion. No probs with how it works, bed is comfy without a topper but it's not 6'3"!

I have the Reimo, and use it for MTB inside the van for security when needed. The Reimo is shortest front to back in the seat set-up. You can make it shorter still by de-mounting the back panel.

I ended up with this because Titan wouldn’t fit to my 4Motion (and I didn’t fancy dropping the diff in my brand new van), YoYo would have been an option but they don’t do LWB, and had a long lead time. Reimo was very quick, and has the easiest sliding mechanism, leaves the floor under the bed completely free. It is expensive though.

When sleeping in the van, I take the wheels off and two bike frames will go inside.

Why are you going SWB? LWB is much easier to get bikes inside.

Thanks all

We have a Reimo Variotech 3000 in a SWB Kombi Van, to blend the floor fit Multivan steps. You won't notice the extra height. It is easy to use and ticks all of the boxes.
Our only complaint is the fact that it rattles intermittently. We can go for weeks with no rattles but it always returns. I have read every post on the subject, some have been helpful some not. I do believe some people don't have this issue.
Noted! I've read some stuff on here about tracking down the rattles, I think some of the posts might have been from yourself.

What about a poptop and an Aldi bike hoist?!

Save mucking about with making the bed short and hurting your resale chances.
I'm not sure how you're picturing this but I'm struggling to see how it would work. I'm planning on keeping the van for as long as possible, so resale value is down the list of priorities a bit. Might be worth fabricating a new bed section so I can keep the old one in tact, though having said that if a chop a bit out and keep it I can weld it back in if the time comes to sell it.

Why are you going SWB? LWB is much easier to get bikes inside.
It's my only vehicle, SWB will be a bit more practical for general day to day use

Are you hoping to sleep inside with the 2 bikes ?
Yep. Difficult but not impossible

Bit late to this thread but FWIW. I have the Reimo bonded system and highly recommend it for practicality and construction. It should easily do what you want. If you haven’t acquired the van yet then as posted above do reconsider the LWB van. That internal extra 40cm is really useful and after a short while you stop worrying about the external length.
I haven’t heard from anyone on the forum sorry that they bought a LWB but quite a few who wish they had the extra space.

Back