Anybody know what this is please?

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Found this in the scuttle whilst deadening. One wire loom in/out. Anybody know what it is? Just curious. Thank you.

IMG_4992.jpeg

Hopefully sound deadening improves cabin noise. I'm tempted as everything else been done.

Hopefully sound deadening improves cabin noise. I'm tempted as everything else been done.
I’ll give it a drive and feed back. Only took two hours. Second attempt though - could not get the wipers off first time.

To my ear, can’t tell a difference at low speed, definitely an incremental improvement when cruising.

Found this in the scuttle whilst deadening. One wire loom in/out. Anybody know what it is? Just curious. Thank you.

View attachment 210165

Eh? You put sound deadening in the scuttle ?! In the outside bit below the wipers?! Never heard of this! Not calling you out or taking the p1ss in any way, just never come across it before OP.

Reactions: CJW
Eh? You put sound deadening in the scuttle ?! In the outside bit below the wipers?! Never heard of this! Not calling you out or taking the p1ss in any way, just never come across it before OP.

Hi. Over the last 18 months that I’ve had the van, whenever I’ve needed to get behind a panel or whatever, I’ve installed deadening. The video @Bav shared is the guide I was following. Slowly but surely, my timpanic ex-fleet Startline started to become a very pleasant driving environment. The reason I had to get into the scuttle was that I could see 7 years of accumulation of plant matter which was partially blocking the outlets. What I pulled out was handfull after handfull of partially decomposed sycamore seeds and soil-like sludge - must have been parked near a tree in its former life.

Hi. Over the last 18 months that I’ve had the van, whenever I’ve needed to get behind a panel or whatever, I’ve installed deadening. The video @Bav shared is the guide I was following. Slowly but surely, my timpanic ex-fleet Startline started to become a very pleasant driving environment. The reason I had to get into the scuttle was that I could see 7 years of accumulation of plant matter which was partially blocking the outlets. What I pulled out was handfull after handfull of partially decomposed sycamore seeds and soil-like sludge - must have been parked near a tree in its former life.
Wowsers, every day is a schoolday.

Great video too @Bav, never seen that before.

Reactions: Bav
Back