Anyone used these mini mains connectors

Do you have any further details like a model number or manufacturer?

@Rids has similar on his T6.1

But not that one....

Installed on the rear quarter.

Last edited:
It's that one mains rated?

I would say not looking at it and those almost exposed pins in the socket.(I wouldn't let 240v anywhere near that)

Might be ok.for some mobile.solar?

Looks similar to XLR connectors I have on my DJ kit. But that one.looksmto have a different locking tab.

They look like CNLINKO connectors, but the ones I can find have the pins the other way around and would be unsafe for EHU leads

Just make sure they are mains cable connectors. I have seen similar ones used for audio cables at events etc.

It's not just mains rating for the contacts it's also the IP rating when mated and unmated.

I think these are either industrial or aviation series where they would only ever be connected in dry conditions and then waterproof when mated.

If you compare with a normal 16A commando type connector or the Powercon connector both would be very hard to touch the contacts when connecting in the rain, the one you picture looks like it would be very easy to do that with wet hands...

It's for one them tail gate, hidden doors I'm guna stick it in there.

Just make sure they are mains cable connectors. I have seen similar ones used for audio cables at events etc.
Yeah I've fitted speakers at Ellend Road a few months ago and they look similar.

What are you planning to do with them ?

Pete
Mains into hidden flap

Do you have any further details like a model number or manufacturer?
I just stuck in ebay, mini mains plug for camper and they popped up.

It's that one mains rated?

I would say not looking at it and those almost exposed pins in the socket.(I wouldn't let 240v anywhere near that)

Might be ok.for some mobile.solar?

Looks similar to XLR connectors I have on my DJ kit. But that one.looksmto have a different locking tab.
To be fair, the pins exposed are receiving the mains and will be covered when plugged in, I think looking at it

It's these contacts I was talking about, they are no way deep enough to make that connector safe to handle in wet conditions.

View attachment 226614

Compare that to the Commando/CEEform you can't see the contacts they are deep in the connector.

View attachment 226615
That what I saw as well.... no way that is ok to use on 240vac., and no way will that handle 13A AC. (3600w peak) (unless they state the connection must be plugged in before switching on?). But that's no good.

That's probably 500v DC rated with no current.....?

Either way I wouldn't use it for mains.... Not enough separation from a live conductor to a person.... Some morning dew or a rain drop and you could get electric shock.

I used the compact EHU connections from https://www.customveedubs.com/compact-ehu-connections, which come from Germany and are made for the marine market (same as @Rids I believe). You can also order them direct, but the postage from Germany is prohibitive so it helps if you have friends in EU with an address you can use.
Note the data sheet for this one specifically states 240vac, ip67 rated etc and suitable for purpose.

Get this one instead

Screenshot_20240123_084241_Samsung Notes.jpg

Just an observation with ehu behind hidden door at side of tail gate. Although it looks well protected behind panel any rain water that runs off the rear of the roof runs down into the gap at the top of the tail gate and then down each side behind the panel. Even more so if you’re pop top is up as most rain landing on the roof runs of the low end. My ehu is located there one of the blue cee type and after heavy rain have to check the connection is dry. I now use a small plastic container cut to fit over the socket which prevents any rain water running down the socket getting into the top of a connected plug.

Back