Auxiliary coolant pump fault for intercooler

JIMMYGOLF8

VW transporter, 2017 T6/T30 TDI high line LWB.

Hi! I’m hoping someone can help me. I have the above van. The auxiliary pump that operates the coolant supply to the intercooler is not working. All the pumps have been replaced. When the ignition is turned on initially the pump powers up but immediately goes off again. We have tried replacing the pumps, we have replaced the connector plug and still the fault exists…
Any ideas?

Personally, I would be running new wires from the ecu to the pump, if only to prove a wiring issue.

What what the actual fault that was logged?

Have you scanned for fault codes?
The pump initialises so that indicates that the wiring is good
Temperature sensor function should be checked.

The original fault was P16C700 heater support pump blocked. Also I can only get 4 litres of coolant back into the system and the intercooler pipes on top of the engine never seem to get warm even when I have the van up to temperature .

I’m guessing it’s an air lock in the cooling system then and if the temperature sensor isn’t wet it won’t get hot and run the pump.
Sounds like you need to vacuum fill the coolant as Transporters don’t self bleed the coolant system.

I’m guessing it’s an air lock in the cooling system then and if the temperature sensor isn’t wet it won’t get hot and run the pump.
Sounds like you need to vacuum fill the coolant as Transporters don’t self bleed the coolant system.
Thanks for your reply… I already tried this and it hasn’t worked. I still only seem to get 4ltr into the system and the inter cooler pipes still doesn’t get warm, and I’ve noticed the fan doesn’t come on.
Also, did take it to VW to do their bleed process but they said they couldn’t do it due to error code P16c700 heater support pump blocked.
I have had the intercooler off as needed to have the glow plugs changed, but I already had that error code showing, same code but description “auxiliary coolant pump component blocked” we presumed that it was due to an air lock and their bleed system would fix it, but it didn’t.

Also, did take it to VW to do their bleed process but they said they couldn’t do it due to error code P16c700 heater support pump blocked.
Did the VW workshop try to rectify the fault?

Did the VW workshop try to rectify the fault?
No, they did nothing, said they tried the bleed three times and couldn’t do it so plugged it in to the computer, found a fault code and then charged me for doing nothing. They didn’t call me to tell me, they waited until I collected it to tell me they couldn’t do it and handed me the bill.

VW transporter, 2017 T6/T30 TDI high line LWB.

Hi! I’m hoping someone can help me. I have the above van. The auxiliary pump that operates the coolant supply to the intercooler is not working. All the pumps have been replaced. When the ignition is turned on initially the pump powers up but immediately goes off again. We have tried replacing the pumps, we have replaced the connector plug and still the fault exists…
Any ideas?
I have the same problem, did you find out anything?

Back