B14 shock leaking

Tony Abbott

VIP Member
T6 Guru
In Oct 2022 i had Bilstein B14 Komfort adjustable coilover kit fitted to my van. Today then van has been diagnosed with a front passenger side leaking shock.
16 months after install and only 6000 miles on them. not happy to say the least.

has this happened to anyone else with Bilstein and if so, what did you do.
Can I get it repaired or is it a direct replacement. if direct replacement, how and where.

your help in this matter is very much appriciated.

What did the people that supplied and fitted the kit have to say?
They said its was under a year warrenty and said I needed a whole new set and not individually. Not very helpful TBH.

I however have just called steve from Bilstein and he states that depends where the garage bought then from depends on warrenty lenght. I can purchase singular shocks which is better than buying a whole new set.

On this forum so many horror stories with Bilstein. wish I read them b4 purchase.

Just spoke to CRSperformance, his advice is to stear clear of Bilstein if you have converted your van into a camper. Bilsstein b14 is not ideal for them. makes sense with all the reported faults you see on this website.

Last edited:
If you've reported the problem outside of the warranty period, then I guess you are on your own. @CRS Performance is correct in that they are not the best product for the job, so I'd bite the bullet and take his advice about what would be more suitable.

Back