Bala North Wales

You interested in fighter jets? You're on one of the busiest low flying training areas in the UK (LFA7)....Mach Loop, planes so low and fast it scares the dogs and makes the kids cry...the centre of this is 5 miles away...

The 2 things that spring to mind are the lake railway and the water sports centre at the top of the lake.

Pete

You interested in fighter jets? You're on one of the busiest low flying training areas in the UK (LFA7)....Mach Loop, planes so low and fast it scares the dogs and makes the kids cry...the centre of this is 5 miles away...
I'd love to watch them fly up through this, I've seen it on YouTube. I'd be all the happier that I am now long retired from the RAF and so will not be putting in long hours when the grow bags break their jets! Jet noise - the sound of overtime! :thumbsup:

To add to this thread my wife and I will be heading into Wales from next Tuesday, we're visiting friends in Pembroke to begin with then working our way up to the T6F meet at Bala before working our way back home around the 29/30th. We'll likely go up the coastal route and back down the Cambrian Way. We have an idea that we'll camp on a site every 3-4 nights for showers, electric hook up, waste disposal etc. The other nights we'll be looking for good spots to camp off grid, does anyone have any recommendations for Park4Night type parking spots or good value campsites - we're not after swimming pools etc, just clean toilets and hot showers and not getting robbed for fees.
Apart from Park4Night are any of the other apps worth using? Does anyone pay for BritStops, is it worth the subs?
TIA :D

I'd love to watch them fly up through this, I've seen it on YouTube. I'd be all the happier that I am now long retired from the RAF and so will not be putting in long hours when the grow bags break their jets! Jet noise - the sound of overtime! :thumbsup:
Are you at Bala for the weekend? I'll pop and see you if you are.

To add to this thread my wife and I will be heading into Wales from next Tuesday, we're visiting friends in Pembroke to begin with then working our way up to the T6F meet at Bala before working our way back home around the 29/30th. We'll likely go up the coastal route and back down the Cambrian Way. We have an idea that we'll camp on a site every 3-4 nights for showers, electric hook up, waste disposal etc. The other nights we'll be looking for good spots to camp off grid, does anyone have any recommendations for Park4Night type parking spots or good value campsites - we're not after swimming pools etc, just clean toilets and hot showers and not getting robbed for fees.
Apart from Park4Night are any of the other apps worth using? Does anyone pay for BritStops, is it worth the subs?
TIA :D
Search for Sites.
I’ve stayed in a few of the lake car parks, arrive late ready for bed, up early and away.

Back