Battery issue

Droneshadow

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I need a new battery for my 2019 T6 102 stop start. Buying and fitting the battery is no problem, but reading other posts on here it seems I need to have the new one coded in? Does this mean the new battery won’t start and run the van until this is done? This will obviously be a problem if it cant be driven to somewhere that can do this for me. Additionally I’ve just had a new knee and although I can’t drive the van anywhere for a few weeks, my wife will need to use it
I’m in Shepshed, Nr Loughborough Leics. Thanks.

If you can get exactly the same battery, then it doesn't need coding.

If you can’t get the exact same battery, don’t worry, it will still start the vehicle ok, it just won’t be charging it in the optimal way, and you may see stop/start not working as usual. It will sort itself out over time though.

Pete

If you can get exactly the same battery, then it doesn't need coding.

If you can’t get the exact same battery, don’t worry, it will still start the vehicle ok, it just won’t be charging it in the optimal way, and you may see stop/start not working as usual. It will sort itself out over time though.

Pete
Hold on Pete,

a new battery does need coding in. . . even if its the same part number.

that's because the van logs the accumulative usage of the battery,

it logs charge cycles, state of health, state of charge etc etc. . .

when you code in the new battery it resets all these counters to 0 and restarts a fresh.

more info here:

from this . .

1709545552716.png

to this after coding . .

1709545573287.png

+++++++++

you can just drop in a new battery . . . it will work.

but will take about 10 drive cycles for the van to work out the battery before the stop start kicks in.

but this wont reset the state of health coding . . so you should have the battery coded in at the earliest convenience for that.

as you mention, it will work - but its not ideal without coding as it will assume the new battery has the old batterys health stats.

you can do it with Carista, or Halford etc can do it.

Back