Bear Lock

doobyscoo

This looks really interesting, saves messing with vehicle electrics and seems to be like a bollard that you take with you. Realise all the issues re keys on key rings etc but any thoughts anyone or experience of the product?

Just had a Bear Lock installed on my campervan this morning. Some before (during the installation) and after photos. It locks the manual gearstick in reverse. It was a 2h job/installation. They are based in Birmingham but they do travel to your home for a small charge.

IMG_20220201_091609755_HDR.jpgIMG_20220201_091623350.jpgIMG_20220201_091632747_HDR.jpgIMG_20220201_105803708_HDR.jpgIMG_20220201_105811790.jpg

It's a mechanical deterrent, I’ve also got a steering wheel and pedal lock as a visual deterrent.

This locks the gearstick in reverse. If they wish to take the van away, it will need a tow truck. It cost me £399.
Nothing is 100% secure to be honest, if they wish to take it, they will, I am hoping that it would slow them down, and they will break the gear stick in the process.

IMG_20220201_105811790.jpg

Well had the Bearlock done 3 weeks ago. The guys were great and took about 90 minutes (chatting away throughout) whilst I sat in the rear of the camper.

Very pleased with result and have used it now every time I park up.

Not cheap, but will worth I think.

Anyone had it fitted to a DSG gear box yet? Is it the same price?
Thanks

Anyone had it fitted to a DSG gear box yet? Is it the same price?
Thanks
I've had the Bearlock transmission lock fitted in my 2023 T6.1 DGS. I pad £427 (which was a show offer, it's £475 on their website). They fitted it at the show on the same afternoon (Dubbed Out Festival in July) as they had an engineer on site. Great team at the show, the fitter was extremely polite, tidy, swift, and professional, cleaned everything away, did an extremely neat job and explained everything before leaving. It locks the transmission in Park on the DSG. Hope that helps

I've had the Bearlock transmission lock fitted in my 2023 T6.1 DGS. I pad £427 (which was a show offer, it's £475 on their website). They fitted it at the show on the same afternoon (Dubbed Out Festival in July) as they had an engineer on site. Great team at the show, the fitter was extremely polite, tidy, swift, and professional, cleaned everything away, did an extremely neat job and explained everything before leaving. It locks the transmission in Park on the DSG. Hope that helps
Got some pics of it all?

Back