Bug and rain shields for rear and side doors

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi I’ve just watched this
and thought how great it would be if they come ready made to fit a t6 .. having looked around briefly on the website in question it’s looks like a no .
anyone have any links to similar products .. the few times I’ve actually used my van as a camper it’s been filled with bugs .. so this would be great and also good on a rainy day and generally a great addition it would seem .. the way they fit around the rubber on both rear and side doors seems a great idea .

Great find @Albel. :thumbsup:

Have you purchased/used these?

The quality of materials looks spot on, but not sure of attachment method (wedged into door seal top & sides). 12 mins seems quite a long time to fit, so presumably it's designed to fit-once and leave in situ?
Agreed the materials looks nice etc but the end fitted result looks a little sloppy as if it’s not been thought through ..

Having watched this I'm wondering if you couuld get 2 regular door types with the zips in the middle them adapt them so you have the zips at either side then fit them to the van using the door seal so they work the same way.

EDIT: Just seen these: Magnetic Fly Screen x 2 = £40

So 2 of those side by side attached somehow in the middle then use the magnets at the side to detach and roll up when not in use.

EDIT2: I've just seen this Fly Screen for £28.99. It's 158cm wide with double magnetic strips. The sliding door on the van is 110 so I reckon the magnetic strips wouldn't be far from each side of the door once trimmed to size. I'm on one!

Last edited:
Haven’t used one myself but seen them twice now and the material goods are very well made, the last time I seen this was at the camper mart show Telford on a van in the car park
He did say he leaves it on all season
He also said that’s with it being left on all the time (summer months) then it wasn’t a problem
It look neat tucked in the others I have seen means bonding Velcro to the opening / frame or rubber ?
Perhaps giving them a call or start a question on the forum to see if anybody else has one ?
One thing I would say is the first time I seen one was in Scotland nc500 and not one of them midge got through so that says it’s good for anything

Back