Bulkhead help

franco84

Hi guys, just out of interest has anybody fitted one of these steel bulkheads behind the rear seats at all? Are they noisy? do they split? I'm torn between these as they look like they would come out easier than a VW original and an original from VW.... What's best for noise reduction? I sometimes need the space for the length so opted to have without, however I didn't account for the van being so noisy.... As at times I may need to remove it I thought these steel ones would be a good option, however concerned they will be noisy and not as good, anyone have any experience with them?

Screenshot_20241014_080720_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not speaking from experience, but they look like they have a gap around the edges, so probably not great for sound proofing.
The one you have shown is a mid section one. Were you wanting a mid section one or one behind the drivers seat.
Note also the midsection ones are different depending on one or two sliding doors.

I looked into a factory VW one (we have noisy dogs) but they require some factory fitted mounting brackets etc welded in, that only come when you order the van with bulkhead option.

Not speaking from experience, but they look like they have a gap around the edges, so probably not great for sound proofing.
The one you have shown is a mid section one. Were you wanting a mid section one or one behind the drivers seat.
Note also the midsection ones are different depending on one or two sliding doors.

I looked into a factory VW one (we have noisy dogs) but they require some factory fitted mounting brackets etc welded in, that only come when you order the van with bulkhead option.
I was after a mid section one as I have a kombi, single door slider. The problem I have is every now and again I need the van as a van and would like the ability to remove seats and bulkhead to get longer lengths etc in, so soundproofing was a major one but it needs to also be (if possible) easyish to remove in case I need to.

Back