Bulkhead removal for T6 kombi - how is it finished?

dilbu

Hi all - I'm shopping for a T6 kombi and have found a couple I like that have a bulkhead. Eventually I'll probably carpet line the load bay, but for now most of what I see just has the factory fitted grey panels in the rear. You can see those panels in this example below, but there's the bulkhead in some cheaper vans that I want to remove. I've tried to find out how simple this is to do myself (because we're talking about saving a couple of grand), but I can only find videos relating to panel vans and not kombis. I'm mostly trying to find out what is left when you remove it in terms of is there ugly lack of trim or is it as if you ordered the van without the bulkhead in the first place? For example I had a citroen relay which i removed the bulkhead to when i was converting to camper; removing it was easy but then I had bare metal that I had to source OEM plastic trim for which was a fortune.

Thoughts appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 22.41.03.png

@dilbu I believe the only difference is the forward roof panel. It will leave a gap which can be sorted by sourcing a longer (non bulkhead) panel. Alternatively, a longer rear panel can be made which is likely to be a lot cheaper. If you're carpeting anyway this may a better proposition.

A little info here if you haven't seen it.

Back