Camping Du Letty campsite, Brittany, France - review

NicolasH

VIP Member
T6 Pro
We have just spent 7 nights at Camping Du Letty (Bénodet campsite | Le Letty | 5-star by the sea in Brittany) in Brittany, France and I thought I'd let the forum know what we thought.

We first heard about the campsite from forum members @JOG and @nomislotsirb, but also a couple of friends recommended it.

We decided to get the overnight ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff. This was with Brittany Ferries on the Armorique which leaves at 10pm and arrives 8.00am local time. We went on Thursday evening at the start of the school summer holidays and it was really easy, with no delays at Border control or check in - it was much easier than Dover > Calais.

Facilities on board are good and there is a bar, restaurant, duty free, and cinema. We had a cabin, which although was compact, had an on-suite shower and toilet. We have two children aged 11 and 8, and it was perfectly comfortable for the four of us. The cost was £775.35 which included a cabin both ways and the van had a rear mounted cycle rack. This was 627 miles shorter (both ways) for us than going Dover > Calais.

Camping Du Letty is 72 miles from Roscoff and is a really easy drive. It is a large site with lots of facilities.

We had a 'privilege pitch' with our own shower, toilet, fridge and washing facilities. It was great and the pitch was huge! The campsite is right on the beach and has two pools (one indoor). Both are excellent for families and have loads of sun loungers. The outdoor pool has a couple of slides which kept our two children entertained. The campsite also had an indoor play area for younger children, a restaurant, snack bar for pizzas, bar, and facilities like tennis and water sports. There is a very well stocked shop for groceries, wine, beers, Camping Gaz, etc and it is not outrageously expensive.

The site is very clean, although I cannot comment on the communal showers as we didn't use them.

There is a safe cycle path that goes from the campsite to the centre of Benodet, that follows the coast. We used this most days and it takes less than 10 minutes.

We were really impressed with Camping Du Letty and really loved the summer vibe in Benodet, which also has a lovely beach, which we preferred to the beach at the campsite. Going via Plymouth > Roscoff was really easy too.

Recommended.

As a side note, there is a large Super U , 5 minutes from the ferry terminal, to stock up with cheap wine, if that's your thing - it was ours!!!

IMG_5583.jpeg

IMG_5708.jpeg

IMG_5693.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

IMG_5602.jpeg

We have just spent 7 nights at Camping Du Letty (Bénodet campsite | Le Letty | 5-star by the sea in Brittany) in Brittany, France and I thought I'd let the forum know what we thought.

We first heard about the campsite from forum members @JOG and @nomislotsirb, but also a couple of friends recommended it.

We decided to get the overnight ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff. This was with Brittany Ferries on the Armorique which leaves at 10pm and arrives 8.00am local time. We went on Thursday evening at the start of the school summer holidays and it was really easy, with no delays at Border control or check in - it was much easier than Dover > Calais.

Facilities on board are good and there is a bar, restaurant, duty free, and cinema. We had a cabin, which although was compact, had an on-suite shower and toilet. We have two children aged 11 and 8, and it was perfectly comfortable for the four of us. The cost was £775.35 which included a cabin both ways and the van had a rear mounted cycle rack. This was 627 miles shorter (both ways) for us than going Dover > Calais.

Camping Du Letty is 72 miles from Roscoff and is a really easy drive. It is a large site with lots of facilities.

We had a 'privilege pitch' with our own shower, toilet, fridge and washing facilities. It was great and the pitch was huge! The campsite is right on the beach and has two pools (one indoor). Both are excellent for families and have loads of sun loungers. The outdoor pool has a couple of slides which kept our two children entertained. The campsite also had an indoor play area for younger children, a restaurant, snack bar for pizzas, bar, and facilities like tennis and water sports. There is a very well stocked shop for groceries, wine, beers, Camping Gaz, etc and it is not outrageously expensive.

The site is very clean, although I cannot comment on the communal showers as we didn't use them.

There is a safe cycle path that goes from the campsite to the centre of Benodet, that follows the coast. We used this most days and it takes less than 10 minutes.

We were really impressed with Camping Du Letty and really loved the summer vibe in Benodet, which also has a lovely beach, which we preferred to the beach at the campsite. Going via Plymouth > Roscoff was really easy too.

Recommended.

As a side note, there is a large Super U , 5 minutes from the ferry terminal, to stock up with cheap wine, if that's your thing - it was ours!!!

View attachment 253391

View attachment 253392

View attachment 253393

View attachment 253394

View attachment 253395
Great sight that one !
We visited the site one day when we stayed nearer benodet the other year.
The lagoon is great for watersports as well.
Must actually stay there sometime !!

Glad you had a great time @NicolasH. We’re currently at Camping Cote d’Argent in Hourtin Plage (actually with friends we made in Le Letty with a T25). This is our third visit and would also recommend if you are prepared to travel further South for a warmer/drier climate.

Looks great. We love Benodet, nice bars and not too touristy. Has an upmarket feel about it.
Did you make it over to the Glennan Isles?

Glad you had a great time @NicolasH. We’re currently at Camping Cote d’Argent in Hourtin Plage (actually with friends we made in Le Letty with a T25). This is our third visit and would also recommend if you are prepared to travel further South for a warmer/drier climate.
@nomislotsirb that looks a lovely campsite and I'm sure our children would love it. Thanks for the tip. It's not too far from La Rochelle where we have been before - we love that area.

Looks great. We love Benodet, nice bars and not too touristy. Has an upmarket feel about it.
Did you make it over to the Glennan Isles?
It really is a lovely place and I agree, it does have a upmarket feel. Didn't make it to the Glennan Isles, but it is on the list for next time! Have you been?

Well that's one to add to the list to visit.

We came back from France this week after doing Disneyland and then doing 4 nights in Normandy. Will definitely be visiting here though, looks cracking!

Recommended.

View attachment 253391

View attachment 253392

View attachment 253393

View attachment 253394

View attachment 253395
We had an en-suite pitch when we stayed in Brittany last year, no where near as big as that though. We have the same awning as you now but then we had the bigger vango Rhone and it literally touched both sides of the pitch!

Well that's one to add to the list to visit.

We came back from France this week after doing Disneyland and then doing 4 nights in Normandy. Will definitely be visiting here though, looks cracking!
That whole west coast is lovely if you get the weather. We left Bala T6 meet last year and went straight to Bénodet then worked our way down the coast to Ile de Re. Had a fantastic 10 days.

We had an en-suite pitch when we stayed in Brittany last year, no where near as big as that though. We have the same awning as you now but then we had the bigger vango Rhone and it literally touched both sides of the pitch!
I know what you mean - some of the pitches we've stayed on in France have been compact - this one in Lake Annecy was tiny, but the campsite itself was really good.

IMG_9919.jpeg

Is that a pitch or a lay-by! :think smile bounce:
When we arrived at the Lake Annecy campsite, I was disappointed, but it ended up being great. The pool was fab and it was really clean. The place had a lovely summer vibe and was right next to the lake. Just that the pitch was compact! Our friends were on the next pitch so we made it into one long but not very wide pitch.

What do you think of the awning? We quite like ours although wish it wasn’t grey.

What do you think of the awning? We quite like ours although wish it wasn’t grey.
We love it. It’s small and light when packed. It opens on each side (so I do spend a lot of time opening/closing the sides as the sun moves) so can be fully opened up. But we really got it as with the annexe on my daughter has her room (or hole) and we still get the full awning space free and still a relatively small footprint. I really like it with the door to the tunnel fully opened it seems like the awning comes straight from the van and also gives a lot of extra space.

This is our third awning, each time getting smaller, the last one was a polycotton vango awning almost needed a trailer to transport it plus had poxy little doors and was almost white so got dirty really easily (the grey of this one is much better).

We love it. It’s small and light when packed. It opens on each side (so I do spend a lot of time opening/closing the sides as the sun moves) so can be fully opened up. But we really got it as with the annexe on my daughter has her room (or hole) and we still get the full awning space free and still a relatively small footprint. I really like it with the door to the tunnel fully opened it seems like the awning comes straight from the van and also gives a lot of extra space.

This is our third awning, each time getting smaller, the last one was a polycotton vango awning almost needed a trailer to transport it plus had poxy little doors and was almost white so got dirty really easily (the grey of this one is much better).
I agree with all your points. We find it very easy to put away and it fits in the van no problem at all.

Back