Caravelle/multivan (rear) Speakers

PaulE

VW Salesman
T6 Pro
Actually what might be the simplest way of upgrading sound in a Caravelle/Multivan that already has factory fitted rear speakers. If sitting in the front then it is not so bad, BUT I've been in the backseat a few times as well and to be honest it does not sound so good at all!

Previously I had installed Apline 2in1 sub/amp under passenger seat that I also plan to install before summer, but it will not make sound quality better for the passengersin the rear.

Should I concider replacing only speakers(whatto prefare?), add aplifier for only for rear speakers?

Stock set up: factory Comp Media, 8 speakkers, voice enhancer.

The rear speakers are recessed so much that they are fighting to get the sound out, also let down by the low quality/power from the headunit

Last week we installed Hertz Mille pro front components, Hertz ECX rear coax, with a JL 5 channel amp and JL 10w1 sub in our own design and manufactured underseat enclosure, in a shuttle, sounds outstanding ...

Hello all, sorry to jump on a really old post but I'm changing the rear speakers on my T6 shuttle. Do I need the adaptors from Auto leads or can the new ones be mounted without them? Also is it Autoleads or original parts I need please?

Hello all, sorry to jump on a really old post but I'm changing the rear speakers on my T6 shuttle. Do I need the adaptors from Auto leads or can the new ones be mounted without them? Also is it Autoleads or original parts I need please?
Have you changed the front speakers and Headunit ?

No, I'm working my way round from back to front doing sound deadening and insulation so the rears are first. Plus the sound in the front is actually decent, I've got the upgraded head unit with rear camera and app connect. The rears are terrible so just thought I'd change them while it's apart.
I might actually opt for 6x9's and some mdf.

Back