Cfca egr delete but leaving dpf

B.different

T6 Guru
Hi all, I'm just having a new engine and turbo fitted because of the dreadful egr. I wanted to blank and map out the egr and leave the dpf alone but been told I've got to do both as it will kill the dpf. I've heard that the dpf still does its regen even if the egr is blanked out. Is this true or are the tuning companies just trying for extra work? Also is there any difference when driving with the egr blanked out. Thanks all

Hi all, I'm just having a new engine and turbo fitted because of the dreadful egr. I wanted to blank and map out the egr and leave the dpf alone but been told I've got to do both as it will kill the dpf. I've heard that the dpf still does its regen even if the egr is blanked out. Is this true or are the tuning companies just trying for extra work? Also is there any difference when driving with the egr blanked out. Thanks all
When I looked into this darkside said I would have to remove the dpf. So I went down the tafmet route instead, 20km with the tafmet fitted no issues and dpf regen as normal. It may the way tuners program out the egr is the only thing I could think that would stop the regen process

I thought that they were both the same apart from ones a program on the ecu and the other a program held on a device. Or am I wrong in thinking that

I thought that they were both the same apart from ones a program on the ecu and the other a program held on a device. Or am I wrong in thinking that
The tafmet simulates the egr, so I believe the ecu still thinks it there, but the egr is electrical disconnected and blanked. I don't know what tuners do to remove it

If the tuner knows what they're doing nothing needs removing

Back