Changing vans - going from a ‘17 BiTi to a TSI or T6.1 (150hp) thoughts??

J3AAY

T6 Pro
So I’ve just taken a deposit on my lovely 2017 BiTi Kombi. It’s a beauty of a van that’s given me over a year of enjoyment (and no real expense aside from tyres / fuel!).

However, my work situation has changed and I’m going to be doing less miles, a lot less. So I put it up for sale thinking I’d buy a TSI. The issue being these are not exactly easy to come by, and I do need a vehicle for weekend sports stuff (bike transport mostly).

So, do I wait for a TSI in the right spec to come up or consider a T6.1? I don’t really want another diesel T6 as it kind of defeats the point in selling mine - I’ve been so spoiled as it’s got pretty much every optional extra going (incl BiXenon / LED lights which is the best factory add on going IMHO) but the blow would be softened by that different looking front end.

My budget is circa £30k, so not massive but from what I’m seeing, enough to get a nice 2020/2021 or TSI (if I can actually find one of the latter for sale - this is based on sold ones I’ve found).

Any thoughts on what you would choose? Are the T6.1’s poorer quality than the T6? I can honestly say my 2010 felt more robust than my T6’s.

Many thanks,

I have been running my id buzz for a year now going from 2016 t6 kombi .
Is a little smaller but lovely to drive and if you can home charge almost free to run with over night charging. Could be worth a test drive I love mine.

Are the T6.1’s poorer quality than the T6?
We've had a T5 > T5.1 > T6 and now I'm in a T6.1

Sadly your experience of the build quality trajectory aligns with mine... a gradual decline it feels, while prices have done nowt but climb...

Someone had to pay for Dieselgate I suppose!! It wasn't ever going to be VW was it, let's face it!!

I have been running my id buzz for a year now going from 2016 t6 kombi .
Is a little smaller but lovely to drive and if you can home charge almost free to run with over night charging. Could be worth a test drive I love mine.
Sadly won’t work for me as we use the van for our summer hols around France. Unfortunately we are in the realms of a charging network that needs much improvement for it to work for our trips. Cheers though

Back