Cheapest tool to find faulty ABS sensor

reserves

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m away without my VCDS cable

ABS light has come on.

Anything I can buy from Argos / Screwfix / Toolstation / Euro Car parts that will tell me which wheel it is?

I tried the Streetwise one from Argos but doesn’t seem to read the ABS sensor.

Where are you visiting? A friendly forum member may be nearby with a VCDS

I'm in Stafford. I've got a Carrista thing you can have, I don't think I'll end up using it. (I do have VCDS, but not unlimited VINs)

If Carista will do it, I'm near to you in Aldridge, daughter lives in Tammuth as the locals call it...

Carista will do it I think I put mine in live driving mode and watched the speed recorded at each wheel to see which was faulty

Hi guys….
Does anyone happen to know if the ABS sensors on a 22 plate caddy are the same as on the T6?
I also have the carista (unused atm) and wondered if that will shown me which sensor may be at fault!!! Fingers crossed!!!

How do you replace an ABS sensor?
Is it straightforward thing to do (who am I kidding?) or does it take a week to take everything apart, then replace the £10 bit, then put back together?

Yep. It’s very simple stuff.(rear wheel) Wheel off unclip old sensor, unbolt the t30 I think and then I used a pair of mole grips to grab the old part, twist and pull and it comes straight out. I bought mine from eBay, just do a bit of checking as the left and right are different part numbers.

All this help is much appreciated!!! Just to try and clear this up, if I want to change all four ABS sensors I need 2x 23824 and 2x 23808? Sorry if I’ve misunderstood and it’s already been stated. I’m also originally from Yorkshire and find parting ways with my money hard work ;)

I wouldn’t replace them all if it was me. I got the Febi 23824 for my rear left. The reason I wouldn’t replace them all is because there is nothing wrong with the others and they are probably a better brand

Evening guys!
Just to follow up regarding my suspected ABS sensor issue….. I ordered what I thought was 2 of each hand from eBay for around a tenner each. Today I set about getting into the sensors to try and see what was going on. The two sensors on the drivers side (front and back) were different to the ones I’d ordered (FFS) so I cleaned the sensors and put them back. Before putting them back I fired loads of WD40 into the housing while moving the disc around at the same time. I then did the same with plenty of brake cleaner. I was annoyed as the fault showing on the dash stated the TMPS on the front drivers side was unavailable so suspected that it was that one that was the problem.
I decided to have a look at the two on the passenger side as the drivers side sensors were really shittened up. Turns out two of the sensors I ordered were the same as these so I replaced them. I did the same with the housing ie WD40 followed by plenty of brake cleaner and fitted the new sensors. Quite a lengthy post this so apologies…..
Anyway long story short I put everything back together and took the van for a spin…………..
All faults have now disappeared!!!!!
WAYHAY!!!!!
Thanks again for all the help!!!!:)

Back