Clayton Power unit - settings to prevent switch off?

d8smt

T6 Pro
Hi all,

Now that I've I've finally got my Clayton LPS to switch off, I now find myself with the opposite problem - it switches off automatically when I want it to stay on!
I have a fridge (Dometic CRX50, running DC power 12v) in the van and despite leaving it on, the Clayton switches itself off after a few hours dropping power to the fridge unit. I've found the DC setting that effective counts down to 10 hours before switch off, but not the way that will leave the unit on if the fridge is on and left running. There's also an AC230 setting that is supposed to prevent this but doesn't.
So my question - anyone using these Clayton units figured out how to keep them running whilst the fridge is turned on? Is so, which settings do you use to do it? Or is 10 hours the maximum time the units will run without any DC or AC input?
Thx, Dave

My 12v stays on pretty much permanently and only seems to switch off if I press the button or it goes flat (seems if the unit gets too hot and cuts out, it takes a charge from hook up or alternator to kick start it again so the solar can work again. It gets extremely hot in the bus with the roof down and windows shut on a sunny day!!)....
The 230v will turn off after an hour of no load though...

My 12v stays on pretty much permanently and only seems to switch off if I press the button or it goes flat (seems if the unit gets too hot and cuts out, it takes a charge from hook up or alternator to kick start it again so the solar can work again. It gets extremely hot in the bus with the roof down and windows shut on a sunny day!!)....
The 230v will turn off after an hour of no load though...
Thanks for this. You don't happen to know which settings you have that keep the unit on? I've gone through all the menu settings but can't find the combination to do this.....

Thanks for this. You don't happen to know which settings you have that keep the unit on? I've gone through all the menu settings but can't find the combination to do this.....
I've not actually changed anything since it got fitted by the conversion company, but if I get a sec I'll try and have a gander at them...

have you got the remote? just set the auto cut off for the shortest time period (its in the 12v settings) and then press the 12v button once its off - will stay on until you turn it off or runs out of juice. you can do the same without the remote using the power button on the lps 1 unit - same thing but just tick the dc box for 12v.

Thanks all, a factory reset send to have solved most of the problems now. Clearly the software just getting AFU. The unit still switches off after each engine switch off and needs to be restarted with the remote each time to keep the fridge going but I can live with it. Appreciate all the suggestions

Back