Closing the Side door from the inside - Door Pull/Handle. Any easier way?

T6Mike

Musical Member
VIP Member
When inside the back of the van and pulling closed the sliding side door from being fully open using the internal handle, It's a bit of a faff. It gets stuck and requires a good few firm attempts to get it to slide free and shut. Opening it with that internal plastic handle is a doddle, but closing it whilst inside not so much.

Has anyone fitted a door pull or another handle etc to make this easier?, If so can you show me what you've done please and/or give me some ideas.

You can convert to an electrical latching system but you still need to put the door in position, from what i’ve read not very reliable.
It’s part of the fun, if you don’t need it closed leave it open - for the sake of your neighbours!

I've often thought that a handle or strap towards the back of the sliding door would be useful, also might be able to close it more gently, i.e. quieter.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking of. A leather handle maybe towards the back of the door. Would the door card be able to hold it?. Maybe something like a tailgate pull.

Reactions: CAB
You can convert to an electrical latching system but you still need to put the door in position, from what i’ve read not very reliable.
It’s part of the fun, if you don’t need it closed leave it open - for the sake of your neighbours!
It's for the sake of the neighbours that I close mine!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back