Composition stereo unit - software upgrade?

mrwrightstuff

How easy is it to upgrade the software on the composition colour head unit? Van is a 2017 Kombi (not sure if that makes a difference). Mainly I’m trying to add the logos to the radio station. Plus any other benefits of updating the software. Has anyone done this?

56CC8907-9158-4DD0-A1E6-4699BC2840B9.jpeg

Re the station logos, have a look here:

Hi,

I have a factory installed 1K8035150E head unit and am wondering if it's worth upgrading the software?
i.e. Will I get any better performance of functionality? such as playing more formats than just mp3 files.

Cheers,

Shane

Composition Colour is quite basic version of the head unit so no extra functionality is introduced by the update apart from some very minor bug fixes.

Updates in general don't give additional functionality apart from the trick with Discover Media made by Technisat and the switch of HMI from PQ to ZR(MQB).

Reactions: mmi
Hi Robert thanks for responding.

What do the following give:

1) the trick with Discover Media by Technisat
2) the switch of HMI from PQ to ZR(MQB)

has anybody done any software updates on the none nav/discovery older head units to help with android auto issues etc ?

model is : 5K7035200G
software : 0363

struggling to find any info and where i can download latest software to put on a SD card to try ?

not sure which vehicle /year you have , from your earlier posts I’ll, assume T6 combi ?

Official VW update source

edit looking at that site it doesn’t show your unit, it only shows NAV units.

try “Sat Nav system” Chertsey, (Google it) they are VW approved and very very clued up

Last edited:
Whenever someone calls me using Apple CarPlay they hear an echo. I've tried using a different phone and same results. Tried resetting as well.

Is it possible and easy to update my Composite Colour media head unit that has the following info?

Device part number:
3CN 035 869

Hardware:

Software:

There's a button that says Update Software but I don't think I have the right tools to update it.

@Adebus
Did you ever solve this issue?
I have a T6 with Composition Colour Head Unit - Software version 0740.
No sound when attempting to play music using Android Auto even though SatNav, messages etc are all working perfectly.
Google finds several references to a software update which fixes the problem and instructions on how to perform an update but I can't find where I can download from.
Any assistance much appreciated.

Last edited:
@dj_
Did you manage to fix this?
I have similar problems (can‘t play music using Android Auto).
I believe an update would solve the problem but so far I’ve not found anywhere to load new software from.

Unfortunately not. My plan is to speak to the VW service centre about it when scheduling for the its annual service in a couple of months.

Im not using a wireless CarPlay adapter which solves the issue, but it’s very annoying when I’m working near the van while playing music because it keeps connecting to the van‘s wireless CarPlay adapter. I’d rather have a simple wired connection.

Unfortunately not. My plan is to speak to the VW service centre about it when scheduling for the its annual service in a couple of months.

Im not using a wireless CarPlay adapter which solves the issue, but it’s very annoying when I’m working near the van while playing music because it keeps connecting to the van‘s wireless CarPlay adapter. I’d rather have a simple wired connection.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I posted the same question in another thread - if I get anywhere I’ll update this thread too.
Otherwise, like you, I was going to ask when it’s serviced - but that’s a few months away.

H all! I'm also interested in this issue. I have software version 0750 on hardware version 715 for a head unit, Part Number
3G0 035 869 B (MIB2). I don't know if that's the latest version. There are some minor bugs, but at the moment it's un-upgradeable. Good to know if anyone else has found a source for updates / upgrades. Thanks!

Is there any of you clever people who have an "inside" view of the latest version of the composition colour software?
Is there an up to date list of version?
What is the current one.?

I have the carplay crackling and disconnect on my T6.1 2022...
Went to VW and they can't be bother to check it (they told me I need to use the official vw cable (doesn't fix the issue!) and all my sw are up to date... No faut found !!!

Same issue for me too also DAB reception is terrible and music crackles when listening through CarPlay, the van has been in to VW York for this problem twice already with no fix. Currently waiting on a plan of action from the VW mothership!

I have a T28 startline 2021 with this head unit in it (see pic) but am totally clueless... It doesn't appear to have sat nav so do I just buy a card for it or am I stuck using maps thru my phone? thanks in advance.

thumbnail_IMG_1820.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1821.jpg

Back