Constant regen and now DPF light???

Jimmynoone79

VIP Member
Hi
Startline 102 2016 has started regeneration cycles every 20 miles for last couple fo months. DPF light has now come on. Anyone got any ideas??

I notice also that you have reported an EGR flow fault elsewhere on the forum.
These issues could be related.

Pete

I'm doing 35 mile commutes down motorways. Do I keep van running till regen complete? How long should they last for?

I notice also that you have reported an EGR flow fault elsewhere on the forum.
These issues could be related.

Pete
Egr flownissue went by booting it down motorway usually drive at 2.5k revs gave it 4k for a couple of miles per journey and egr flow issue cleared up no light since

I'm doing 35 mile commutes down motorways. Do I keep van running till regen complete? How long should they last for?
Wait until the idle speed drops back to 900rpm and you hear the fans slow to normal speed. If regenerations don't complete, subsequent ones will take longer as there is more soot to burn off. Use good quality fuel and consider adding Millars EcoPro additive

Millars EcoPro additive
Is that Millers EcoMax - not sure I can find EcoPro?

I've been using that for a few years to keep the XC70 going after it started having trouble with below freezing starts. Recommended by a friend who has a clutch of high mileage classic BMWs.

Given the DPF threads here I've started to chuck a shot into most fills of the Caravelle too (as I hope for a long term relationship unless I get distracted by a Cali)

Is that Millers EcoMax - not sure I can find EcoPro?

I've been using that for a few years to keep the XC70 going after it started having trouble with below freezing starts. Recommended by a friend who has a clutch of high mileage classic BMWs.

Given the DPF threads here I've started to chuck a shot into most fills of the Caravelle too (as I hope for a long term relationship unless I get distracted by a Cali)
Eco Max is the product, I've just finished my last bottle. Like you, I add to more or less every tank

Is it this stuff you’re using?

What does it do? Assuming you would recommend using it

Does is help the egr or is it the dpf

Cheers

Yep, it's essentially the same as the additives that gets put in premium diesel, just means you can buy standard good quality diesel and make your own premium diesel for less. 3p a litre of diesel Vs the 10-15p premium of something like Shell V Power.

I use a bottle about every 5000 miles, so it's broadly the same spend as adblue.

So think of it as more of a preventative measure than a treatment.

Does it work? Well I have 245k diesel XC70 on the drive that still runs very well and smoke free (just don't ask about the ABS or the heater at the minute!) and I have a friend (who recommended it) with a 7 series BMW well into 300k.

Back