Coolant level following a Service

Looks like it is overfilled to me as I understood the max level to be the top of the markings. I may be wrong though.

Has the level gone down since you're been driving it? Getting the last of the air out of the system will make it fall, but the owner's manual gives guidance on the matter.
IMG_20230630_105041.jpg

Well I thought it was over filled. My mechanic said it’s perfect and the max line is around the back. Still not sure tho that’s why I put it on here

Mine came back from service recently and it’s at that level. I thought perhaps I’d had it too low, but sounds like many mechanics don’t know where the max line is.

It’s hard to know who to believe, I don’t dispute what anyone says because I haven’t got a scooby

This is mine filled, correctly in my opinion, following a recent service
Ps my van is on a slight slope
20230630_175821.jpg20230630_175745.jpg

Does it matter if it’s a little over full??
The air gap in the tank allows expansion of the coolant when it gets hot.

It’s the same in any car. I doubt manufacturers just go ‘give us around plastic bottle’ and tell their mechanics ‘ignore the min and max lines, they’re just best guesses’.

Seriously starting to think I’m going mad. I’ve seen literally fifteen cars ignore a red light today, and now people don’t see filling past ‘maximum level’ indicators as abnormal, if they see them at all!

Back