Cruise Control, How It Works.

TEESIXY

T6 Guru
If i am driving with cruise selected, and go down a hill , i assume that the brakes are applied to stop the speed increasing beyond what it was set at- without operating the brake lights, is that correct, and is it just the rear brakes that are applied?
If thats right, is possible to disable the braking part of cruise? Hope this makes sense.

Standard cruise control wont slow you down other than removing throttle and the effect of engine braking, this will not show any brake lights

Adaptive cruise control will slow you down and will apply the brakes and will show brake lights if brakes are applied

plus adaptive cruise can engine brake without applying braking and without lights, depending on how fast it needs to slow down. The braking is the same as you pressing the pedal so all brakes.

In other words, no you cannot deactivate the braking aspect of cruise, even though I get why you'd want to.

plus adaptive cruise can engine brake without applying braking and without lights, depending on how fast it needs to slow down. The braking is the same as you pressing the pedal so all brakes.
The DSG doesn’t quite work like that ( or at least mine doesn’t) I’ve noticed that going downhill with the ACC on, the gearbox is coasting & the brakes are on. A bit unnerving when towing a 2tonne boat. I tend to go “doors to manual” when going down long inclines & knock the gears down a cog.

I thought Coasting was disabled when you plug a trailer in?

Back