Me and @T6180 talked about these puppies months ago, but I never went this route because I was uneducated on the potential downfalls of brakes overheating from the lack of airflow, and still don't know if it effects this.
There was a Yellow T5.1, you will know it if you see it, that ran these wheels and it looked awesome. (from memory I think this is the same van, but an older picture before he did the colour change) You know they are 20" don't you?
Detroit Steels do a few different styles, and there is a UK importer that trades through eBay based in Northampton I think.

As far as I knew Weller wheels were doing a limited numbered run of 100 sets of 20" steels for our vans, and they asked people to register interest with them, which we both did, but I haven't heard anything yet, but it will take something pretty outstanding to get me off my Banded 19's at the moment. So much so, that if the current 17" winter steels I have for sale, sell, i'm going to buy the other set of banded 19's and stick a set of winter tyres on them. :eek:

Last edited:
Me and @T6180 talked about these puppies months ago, but I never went this route because I was uneducated on the potential downfalls of brakes overheating from the lack of airflow, and still don't know if it effects this.
There was a Yellow T5.1, you will know it if you see it, that ran these wheels and it looked awesome. You know they are 20" don't you?
Detroit Steels do a few different styles, and there is a UK importer that trades through eBay.

As far as I knew Weller wheels were doing a limited numbered run of 100 sets of 20" steels for our vans, and they asked people to register interest with them, which we both did, but I haven't heard anything yet, but it will take something pretty outstanding to get me off my Banded 19's at the moment. So much so, that if the current 17" winter steels I have for sale, sell, i'm going to buy the other set of banded 19's also on the sales page and stick a set of winter tyres on them. :eek:
They do look very nice and always said i would have 5 sets of wheels to chop and change the look of the van ;)
Things you look at when chilling on the csmpsite:rofl:
Good call that putting winters on another set of banded.
I've still got them x4 19" space ssvers to send off to be done, might have acword with duchy see how much hecwill chsrge as essex want £600 to band thats without blasting and coating.
I could do them in metalic candy red same colour as the detroits :whistle:

They do look very nice and always said i would have 5 sets of wheels to chop and change the look of the van ;)
Things you look at when chilling on the csmpsite:rofl:
Good call that putting winters on another set of banded.
I've still got them x4 19" space ssvers to send off to be done, might have acword with duchy see how much hecwill chsrge as essex want £600 to band thats without blasting and coating.
I could do them in metalic candy red same colour as the detroits :whistle:

Mate, my days are taken up thinking of daft ideas to do with my van, and then sometimes I think about doing some work :rofl:
It goes into the Bodyshop again in a couple of weeks for a couple of bits to be done, (tailgate re-painted, and spitter removal) and i'm constantly thinking of what else I can do whist it's in there.

Mate, my days are taken up thinking of daft ideas to do with my van, and then sometimes I think about doing some work :rofl:
It goes into the Bodyshop again in a couple of weeks for a couple of bits to be done, (tailgate re-painted, and spitter removal) and i'm constantly thinking of what else I can do whist it's in there.

@Tourershine @andythom188 I spoke to Detroit Steels last year regarding these and to my surprise there only load rated to 690kg which I thought wasn't very good at the time. However if they were going to used as show wheels then they'd be stunning but you do need to be running 35 profile tyre on these to get the look.

Your as bad as me for gadgets :rofl:

It's actually less of a gadget and more of an essential mod for a MH as big as mine.
The problem you have is not just getting it perfectly level, more the fact that it's 7.5mts long, and sat on 4 tyres, meaning that no matter what you try to do, you've always got an element of bounce when someone moves. The kids sleep one end, and we sleep the other, and any movement from anyone means the whole things shaking around. Hydraulic levellers don't just get you perfectly level, they also have the option of raising the whole vehicle off the ground, giving you a solid footing and zero bounce when using the thing for what it's designed for.
It's the only drawback I found moving from a Caravan to a Motorhome and it drives me nuts.

It's actually less of a gadget and more of an essential mod for a MH as big as mine.
The problem you have is not just getting it perfectly level, more the fact that it's 7.5mts long, and sat on 4 tyres, meaning that no matter what you try to do, you've always got an element of bounce when someone moves. The kids sleep one end, and we sleep the other, and any movement from anyone means the whole things shaking around. Hydraulic levellers don't just get you perfectly level, they also have the option of raising the whole vehicle off the ground, giving you a solid footing and zero bounce when using the thing for what it's designed for.
It's the only drawback I found moving from a Caravan to a Motorhome and it drives me nuts.
Big one that is pal yeah understand about the auto level and single axle, mine helps me get on and off the drive without ripping mud flaps off

Detroit Steels are always listed on eBay. I think by an importer in Northampton.

A very nice looking wheel if painted in the right colours, but would look even better banded :thumbsup:

Back