Do I keep or try and upgrade

samcox1986

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys and girls, I’m after a bit of advice or feed back on what you would do yourself if I may.

I have a T30 LWB 110 ps highline from factory:

Pure grey

Twin Captin seats

Solid tailgate

No bulkhead from factory

Power latching ( soft close to passenger side sliding door )

Led head lights and rear led tail lights

Work I have done to the van to convert it into a kombi:

Lowered 30mm on genuine vw lowering springs

20” Leighton Van alloy wheels in Brozen with Uni Royal Rainsport 5 tyres

2 x camper glass side windows with sliders

Vw rubber flooring in the rear

2+1 rear seats

Dodo sound deadening

Tailgate rear lights inside door panel card

Alpine sound system door speakers with under seat sub with DSP amplifier.

I absolutely love the van, but I could do with a bit more pulling power, 150 ps manual would be ideal with twin sliding doors as we have another arrival on the way very soon.

I spoke to the dealership where I got my previous van from, and was told you can order new kombis for a few more weeks. Unfortunately as they are a main dealership they started to work out costs for me with finance ballon payment and how much equity I have in it, but now they can’t be bothered to answer the phone or get back to me at least.

I’m interested in seeing if I can financially afford a LWB kombi but don’t know if I should or just carry on with the van I have and complete the conversion and hope someone can build an engine map for 110 ps for a bit more torque over time.

Thank you guys and girls

Have you any outstanding finance on your van?
Yes it needs to be settled as it’s on a finance lease. Not sure how to go about it all, I do know it’s on a 48 month contract though my business

I’d have your business get a quote from the finance house to buy it. Then depreciate it through your company and buy it outright. Sounds like a keeper of a van to me

Back